Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Auto Door Lock

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by johnny reb, Feb 4, 2002.

1. johnny reb

johnny reb 1/2 ton status

I took off my passenger side door panel yesterday to fix my power window and the auto door lock on that side is screwed up now. The auto switch on both doors only unlocks/locks the drivers side door now. I can't get either switch to work for the passenger side door. Any ideas on what went wrong?

1986 K5, New GM 350, Edelbrock Intake, K&N Air Filter, Flowtech Headers, Dual 3" Exhaust, 33" Pirelli Scorpion AT, 700R4, 3.42 gears

2. 85Jimmy

85Jimmy Registered Member

I have the same problem with mine only it's on the drivers side, both motors are good, must be the wiring, I don't know!!!

3. holyjohnson

holyjohnson Registered Member

ive got the same problem on my 85 burban doorlocks only lock and unlock passenger sides from drivers.and i did almost everything to figure it out from changing power locks to lubing it to chasing the wires and still havent figured it out.
    goodluck

"well,are you gonna pull them pistols,or whistle dixie!?"

4. ducati-cooter

ducati-cooter Registered Member

Hoolyjohnson, Your problem sounds like a simple switch, if you can lock and unlock both doors from the dr side and not eh pass side it more likely to be a switch. If nothing on the pass side works, check all grounds for that door. I have seen a loose and rusty ground cause a probplem like this.

5. 85Jimmy

85Jimmy Registered Member

any ideas for mine both switches only do the pass side? Chris

6. holyjohnson

holyjohnson Registered Member

thanks for the info.
    it drove me crazy for a long time to hit the drivers side lock and it only locked and unlocked the pass side doors and didnt do anything on either driver side.i actually pulled out the switch on the drivers door and re-grounded it but havent done the drives side rear yet.i plan on swapped out the drivers door switchs and running a wire and powerlock to the cargo doors too.but thanks for the input.
    goodluck

"well,are you gonna pull them pistols,or whistle dixie!?"