Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Auto Hubs Just Suck

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by **b**, Mar 25, 2000.

1. **b**

**b** 1/2 ton status

I had to drive home today in 4x4!!! [​IMG]
    new hubs going in at first light...
    93k .....

When did you have to swap yours????
    P.S. i did go with the WARN Premiums...

2. 6.2 man

6.2 man 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Mine were on it when I bought it otherwise I would have replaced them . The best money you'll ever spend on your Blazer .

3. Corey-88K5

Corey-88K5 1/2 ton status

Home: Michigan, Stationed: Hill AFB (Home of Moab.
    I got my hubs well before I had any problems. Currently, they are my backup's for trips. I did decide to replace them when I started to use the K5 for offroading.

Corey
    88K5

[​IMG]<font color=blue>Girls Like Guys In Bow Ties</font color=blue>
    <font color=red>http://www.geocities.com/corey_perez

4. 87K54WD

87K54WD 1/2 ton status

Sorry about the hubs. I've got a MT and manual hubs ... haven't had a problem ... yet. 73K org. miles. WARN is the best from what I've read and heard.

5. _DeeVee8_

_DeeVee8_ 1/2 ton status

BUT, Why WARN premiums? I've seen some really nice rides with the standard Plastic turn handle on really nice "reader's rides" in every 4x4 mag i've looked at. Does the fact that you have to turn them twice as much to lock and unlock really make a difference? My old K5 had the Warn Standard look-a-likes on them and they never gave me any sh*t.
    I do howver agree-- the AUTO hubs must have been decided by a bunch of "executive suits' at the large oval board room table because they didn't want to get out of the truck turn the hubs for 4 whell drive.
    -Dv8

6. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

Great Idea to get premiums.... the others are just simply crap.. mine started howling and chattering not to long ago so I replaced them with premiums and never looked back. They are much better units that those plastic piles of $#!t !

l8r,
    Riz