Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Auto Insurance Rant

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Corey 78K5, Apr 27, 2006.

1. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

OK so Me and My Wife have Geico auto insurance insurance. I am 36 and have not been pulled over since I was 17. My Wife is 30 and has never been pulled over. Since moving to Oklahoma this year Our insurance went up $93.00 a month:mad: That is just focked. We always try to be good safe drivers and pay Our insurance on time and what do We get for it. I'll tell You what..............BENT thats what. Oh and We have been with them for like 9 years and have never had to use their services, money well spent:rolleyes:

2. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

whiner

i pay 135 a month

3. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Yeah well this month they want $298.00 and then it goes down to $198.00 after that. It cost us about $105.00 in California

4. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

dang

i got full coverage on the blaze and the mini
    and a crapload of tickets

5. Stomper

Stomper ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ GMOTM Winner

Find a local company. I checked gieco when I got new insurance and they were WAY over priced. I'm talking 100%+ over what I ended up with.

6. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

We have full on My truck and Her car and thats it. I dont have any on the Blazer since it's parked at My Parents in California. Thank God I have a cheap house payment here cause thats about the only thing cheaper.

7. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Extortion...

Insurance for autos is legalized extortion in my opinion..I know it would be foolish NOT to have it,but where do you draw the line between "reasonable" rates,and just plain insane??...

It especially sucks when you HAVE to have insurance to drive legally--but due to fuel prices and having spent most or all your money on gas,the vehicles SIT in the yard and rust 90% of the time..where its a given nothing will happen to them to cause a claim to be filed!..

The same applies when you have a job,and it sits 8 hours or more a day in a parking space..little chance of any damage occouring there either!..must be nice to collect hundreds of dollars a month,and know the chances of having to give any back are slim to none...but I suppose those commercials with the cute lizards,and cave men ARE expensive..:rolleyes:

I have a struggle to pay my 117 bucks a month with no real job!--the money would be better spent on fuel,and vehicle maintenence!..I still owe for aprils insurance bill,have no clue how I will pay next months bill AND this month!..I'm trying to sell one truck,and am considering taking the other one off the road if it doesn't sell soon..I cant keep this up anymore,even if I DID have a good job..:doah:

8. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

my insurance for my K5, ranger (DD), explorer (wife's car) and the tow rig is around $110/mo... and my wife has been in a wreck deemed to be her fault... recently.

Me thinks you need cheaper cars. :grin:

j

9. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Corey check the local farm ins. companies, tell em you have small livestock, you may have to pay a join fee but ours is way cheaper...

10. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

wow, i'll be at $89/mo next month for the Grand Am, the '92, and the '93. the '77 is like another $12 a month, which is still on my grandma's policy (to allow her to actually save money by getting the multi vehicle discount)

11. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Independant insurance companies usually have better rates. Glad I never went with GougeCo.

Kill the Gecko.

12. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

A Plymouth and a Dakota 4x2 are not exactly what I call expensive vehicles.

13. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

:thinking: :thinking: Well I do live in Oklahoma now and barnyard animals are mandatory around these parts:wink1: There is one of those places about 10 miles up the road. Need to check them out.

14. CustomChevy

CustomChevy 1/2 ton status

you can all stop complaining now.

up here we have to pay PER VEHICAL

15. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

not always... da Gecko saved me coin.

Additionally, when my wife got in her wreck they gave us an estimate for the total value of the car (it was totalled)... and when the guy found out that the number was $500 less than what we still owed on the car... guy was like "I think we can take care of this...". Calls us back, lets us know we were getting a check for $25, in addition to the loan being completely paid off.

j

16. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Well My biggest problem is being in Oklahoma now. Out in California We got disscounts for being over 25, safe records and being married. All those discounts were taken away cause they said that they are not offerd in Oklahoma:rolleyes:

17. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Its cause yer over 25 and not married to yer sister and you actually have a car and can drive,I tell ya it aint fair...:haha:

18. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

No sh!t people around here drive worse than people from Oregon:D but not as bad as those fockchops from Washington.:wink1: :haha:

19. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Thats just cause all us Washingtonians are intentionally slamming on our brakes to take care of all those intruding, tailgating Caliheads...:haha: But yeah Orogonians can't drive worth a chith either...:haha: :haha: :haha:

20. k2mslskier

k2mslskier 1/2 ton status

I have State Farm and have been with them since 92. Full coverage on the K5 and the 99 Durango is $115 a month, but we also have the house on there so that might make a difference. I know they offer over 25 and multi-car discounts but it didn't make a difference when I got married.