Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

auto lockers stay locked need help Please!!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by TxK5Blazer, Dec 4, 2000.

1. TxK5Blazer

TxK5Blazer 1/2 ton status

Hey guys i need some help here i have an 82 k5 with corp. 10's front and rear i have a problem with my auto hubs staying locked or relocking after i have unlocked them i can tell they are locked when i turn what could cause this how do i fix is this uncommon or what? please help me want to restore it to mint condition all help is appreciated....Jason

One way to live on the edge,K5 eating Fords everyday

2. shaggyk5

shaggyk5 1/2 ton status

They're dead. Run down to autozone tommorrow, pick up a set of manual hubs, ($40-70) and put them in. Shouldnt take you more than 5 minutes per hub. That way you will always know when you are locked and when you are not.

shaggyk5

aint nuthin in the world like a heavy chevy!!

3. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

TxK, I did the saem thing. They have Warns at Advance and they were like 70 bucks and took a little longer than 5 minutes, but they are easy. Make sure you have a scribe or something like that to make it easy to get the lock ring in a out for future reference. Cause you have to check for "float" clearance when installing the new one. If there is no flaot it will tell you to go through the whole process of checking the torque on your wheel bearing lock nuts. Which will require a spindle lock nut socket which is another $14. If you have any problems let some one here help you. You may have to buy a couple of parts but it will be cheaper than going to a shop.

Don't you buy no ugly truck!
    http://mccordhouse.freeservers.com