Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Auto locking hub question

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by valcenius, Oct 28, 2002.

1. valcenius

valcenius Newbie

Oct 28, 2002
    Last year I had to disassemble my front-end on my 88 Blazer. After re-assembly and hauling a trailer I noticed a wow-wow-wow sound from the front-end. I've been told it's the alignment eating the tires.

It may just be my paranoia, but I wonder if I missed some step on the re-assembly and the hubs never unlocked. Possibly because I'm looking for it, but I swear sometimes I feel pulsing in the vehicle when turning tight corners. Nothing as bad as with the transfer case in 4wd, but seems something's there.

I haven't been driving it much and havn't done any work in the last year on it, so I'm just trying to set my mind at ease. Am I "seeing" things or do I need to dig in there again?

2. k5_beater

k5_beater Registered Member

Jun 11, 2002
    get your self some manual locking hubs. about $80 for Warns. it takes about 30 minutes to do the first one and about 10 to do the second one. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif