Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Auto-locking hubs

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by wadinator, Apr 28, 2003.

1. wadinator

wadinator 1/2 ton status

I was just checking over one of the other posts here in the garage. It was about an 85 K5 on Ebay that has autolocking hubs. That made me think "were auto locking hubs an option back then?"

I've got an 87 Siverado Suburban. I thought the Silverado package was pretty much the top of the line, and it's got manual hubs. How cum? (not that I'd want the auto hubs- I'm just curious).

2. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Auto hubs were available then. On my truck which is a GMC Sierra Classic (all the options PW, PDL, etc.) I had the factory "deluxe" manual hubs. I think autos were more of a standard option thing, and the manuals were the option. I am not for sure on that though.

My truck is also set up with the heavy duty front suspension with the factory dual shock setup.

3. rick88blaze

rick88blaze 1/2 ton status

when you were buying a chevy brand new back then, you could order it with either auto or manual hubs. i know that they came out with the auto hubs in the early 80's, around '81 or so.

rick

4. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

My 86 is a Silverado, and when I bought it in 98 had the factory auto hubs still. The owner had that list, wtf it's called they tape to the window that shows what it comes with when you buy it new. I still have it somewhere and that was listed if I recall right as standard equipment....