Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Auto parts owner draws Israelis' ire

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by AGM73k5, May 3, 2002.

1. AGM73k5

AGM73k5 1/2 ton status

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

Re: Auto parts owner draws Israelis\' ire

what ever happend to
    WE RESERV THE RIGHT TO REFUSE SERVICE TO ANYONE?????????????????

3. AJMBLAZER

AJMBLAZER Better to be lucky than good. Premium Member

It's still there, but you can't say "I won't serve people of this ethnic heritage, back ground, or from this country".

You could just as easily take Israeli out and put in Black People (African Americans for all you PC folks/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif), Japanese, Irish, Catholics, etc etc etc

If you're in my store and you're an ass, have bounced checks/dicked me over, treated the help badly, etc, then screw you and leave. That's legal. Just saying you won't do business with a certain group of people is illegal./forums/images/icons/mad.gif Not to mention it's bad business.

I think he's a pinhead./forums/images/icons/mad.gif/forums/images/icons/frown.gif/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

4. AGM73k5

AGM73k5 1/2 ton status

If I read the article correctly he refused to do business with people in the country of Israel. He wasn't refusing the man based on his religion or where he was born or his skin color. It seems to me a comparison to refusing to do business with people in China (Communist), Saudi Arabia (Sponsors terrorism), or South Africa (when under apartheid) would be more accurate.

5. AGM73k5

AGM73k5 1/2 ton status

6. AJMBLAZER

AJMBLAZER Better to be lucky than good. Premium Member

Well, the article says:

John Harris, of Texas Automotive Export, an independent auto parts store in the community west of Austin, has been inundated with e-mails and phone calls after declaring he would "not do business with Israeli citizens at this time."

Which means Mr Harris said he would "not do business with Israeli citizens at this time."

Which means he was refusing to do business with Israelis, which, like I said earlier, is like saying he won't do business with Mexicans, Russians, Irish, Japanese, etc.

Interesting examples you use, Saudi Arabia, considering Israel is fighting a war for survival against a people who condon, support, and carry out terrorism.

7. AGM73k5

AGM73k5 1/2 ton status

An Israeli could be someone who is born in Israel but now is a US citizen. An Israeli citizen is someone who has some level of allegiance to the Israeli government. If he doesn't do business with citizens of certain foreign nations then it isn't like not doing business with people because they're Mexican, Russian, Irish, Japanese, etc. It is like not doing business with citizens of those countries.

I chose Saudi Arabia because I knew that some people have strong feelings against that nation just as others do against Israel. My intention in posting the link was not to open the Middle East discussion but just to let people see a news story they may not have seen in their local paper that I thought was of interest. Although I think it's great if people want to discuss other things in this thread too/forums/images/icons/smile.gif

-Aaron