Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

auto shifter linkage keeps coming loose!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bryguy00b, Dec 29, 2003.

1. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

any one else have this problem!!? just for the recrod..i got a 700 trans, and i have repeadedly re adjusted the linkage, because the bar or w/e from the column keeps slipping in the rod going to the tranny, so i can only shift into like p,r,n,d. and i have to pull the hell out fo the shifter upward to be able to turn the key. i have re adjusted this to fix it lik 10 times and its fine for a few weeks then all of the sudden i will come out to the truck, and discover i only can shift into those 4 options..am i doing something wrong? all it is is a friggen screw you lossen and retighten..i dont get why it keeps coming loose.. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. mccomas

mccomas 1/2 ton status

is the washer in place on the adjustment bolt? i think it keeps the adjustment bolt from moving right and left. maybe the adjustment bolt has worn a grove on the rod and it is not getting nice and snug - pick up a new bolt that is just a bit longer and give it a try...

3. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

ok ill do that then...yea the washer is on there....somethings goofy with it..took like 5 attempts to get it to just stay in position to allow me to shift in al lthe gears...