Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

auto-shipping company reccomendations?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by tuck_the_great, May 4, 2007.

1. tuck_the_great

tuck_the_great Registered Member

Hey all, just a quick question... does anybody have any reccomendations for a shipping company? I'm goin back to the sandbox in July and I don't want to let my Blazer sit out here for 7 months in an open lot. I'm in SoCal (Camp Pendleton) and I'd like to get it back to Kansas (Wichita area). Any help here would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Ty

2. scott85

scott85 Registered Member

I used a company in the past calld D.A.S.......dependable auto shippers. i was very satisfied, and they handled all of my questions/concerns professionally. i used them twice; my '74 bronco from utah to NY, and an '85 celica convertible from CA to NY. i believe the bronco was $720 and the toyota was $850.

3. kwissman

kwissman 1/2 ton status

I have shipped my Camaro several times with Passport Transport in and enclosed vehicle. My enclosed shipping was 1000 on the first trip and 1500 on the second. The first was from Austin, TX to Louisville, KY and the second trip was from Louisville, KY to Midland, TX. If you are looking for open transport and are flexible on the pick up and drop dates, you should be able to get decent pricing.

4. BKinzey

BKinzey 1/2 ton status

Open lot, as in on base?

For that short of time you might want to consider storage. should be cheaper than shipping to Kansas:confused::confused:

Another option might be to post in the regional section. There are lots of SoCal members who might store it for you cheap (free?:D).

What's a enclosed storage space go for in Yuma? Or somewhere in between?

5. tuck_the_great

tuck_the_great Registered Member

thanks for the replies... my whole reason for shipping it back home is because 4 months after I get back from Iraq, I'm out of the Marine Corps. I figure I'd get it home now and store it at my dad's house while I'm away.

Ty

6. BGKYK5

BGKYK5 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I used Express Auto Transport to move a couple undrivable vehicles from Michigan to Kentucky. I think it was about $600 each. No complaints. Take care of yourself over there. We appreciate what you're doing.