Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

auto to manual hub ?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by K5DRAGER, Nov 18, 2001.

1. K5DRAGER

K5DRAGER 1/2 ton status

When removing the auto hubs does the washer behind the inner snap ring stay or does it get removed? It looks like it should be removed, because it doesn't look like there is enough room for it to stay when installing the manual ones. Thanks for any replies

2. K5DRAGER

K5DRAGER 1/2 ton status

Alright guys I know someone out there has done this and knows the answer?

3. TXBIGFISH

TXBIGFISH 1/2 ton status

Depending on the year, it differs check the instructions. I have an 81 with a 10 bolt and I removed everything including the washer, and when you install the new hub you just use the outer retaining ring. I am assuming you bought Warn Prmium hubs, correct? Just check the install sheet about 2/3 of the way down. it will tell you and will give the exceptions. If you need me to I'll go get my sheet in the garage if needed. Post back if you need more help.

<*)))><

81" GMC Jimmy.............stock for now!

IT'S A DOG EAT DOG WORLD OUT THERE, AND I'M WEARING "MILK BONE" UNDERWEAR!!!!!!!!

4. jaybird

jaybird Registered Member

I just finnished replaceing mine with Warn premiums. They wouldn't go on with the washer still in there so I reread the instuctions and decided to leave them out.

Jay
    '79 Jimmy

Jay VT
    79 Jimmy 454,D44, 14 bolt, 38's

5. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

I took mine out and I used the superwinch ones.

86Jimmy 4"&35"MTRs,87 burb 4"&35"MT,69Firebird w/525 hp,and 70GTO live in PHX,AZ<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/modifierperformance>My vehicles</a>

6. TXBIGFISH

TXBIGFISH 1/2 ton status

Any luck? Did iyou get it done? Just wondering?

&lt;*)))&gt;&lt;

81" GMC Jimmy.............stock for now!

IT'S A DOG EAT DOG WORLD OUT THERE, AND I'M WEARING "MILK BONE" UNDERWEAR!!!!!!!!

7. K5DRAGER

K5DRAGER 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the help. And yes I am installing the warn premiums, I had just got done installing them when I made the post. The instructions said to remove all the old snap rings, but wasn't real clear about the flat washer behind it. So I put them in without it. I've always had manuals before so I just wanted a 2nd opinion.