Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Auto to Manual

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Oblin Goblin, Aug 7, 2001.

1. Oblin Goblin

Oblin Goblin 1/2 ton status

The sh!t hit the fan this weekend. My Aamco rebuilt 700r4 has crapped out with 30k miles on it (a year out of warrenty). I don't like automatic transmissions even when they're working perfectly so I figured I might try making the swap to a manual. I know alot of other people have discussed making the swap but has anyone actually done it? Is there anyone in the processes of doing the conversion? I won't post my questions here because I have dozens of them but if anyone has made or is making this conversion email me at restewart@ucdavis.edu. Any help will be GREATLY appreciated.
    Thanks

2. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

My buddy just did this, i will send you his e-mail via PM...

Mike

<font color=green>"It's like a sore dick deal, You cant beat it!"</font color=green>

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/emmettology101>www.geocities.com/emmettology101</a>

3. mudddog91

mudddog91 1/2 ton status

I just completed this mod and it works great! I love a manual tranny off road! I swapped an sm465 for a th350......In a 74 3/4 ton truck. If you need anything let me know and hopefully I can help!

4. bitchin4x4

bitchin4x4 1/2 ton status

So were you able to obtain any information on this conversion?

I am searching now trying to find this information. I have a 72 GMC Jimmy, and I thinking about converting turbo 350 to manual not sure which yet but I was thinking of the nv4500

If it ain't broke, break it!

5. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

When I built my truck, I installed an SM465/NP205 into it. Truck was originally a 700R4, so I had to do some drilling to get the Sm465 to go in, but its easy stuff. '85 up hydraulic setups are the best bet for any of the 85-up K5's, since they are setup for it, and not manual linkage. Also pretty hard to locate!

Dorian
    My tech/links page: <a target="_blank" href=http://www.dorianyeager.com/index2.html>http://www.dorianyeager.com/index2.html</a>
    No anti-theft measures on your truck? No pity when its stolen