Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

auto to stick swap

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Langosta39, Dec 17, 2002.

1. Langosta39

Langosta39 1/2 ton status

When I put an SM465/205 in my previously TH350/203 truck will I have to fab mounts for the clutch pedal and slave cyl, or have to drill new holes in the frame for the crossmember? The 205 has the 8" adapter between the tranny so it looks like it might work but I don't know. Anybody know how long a 465/205 combo from an older truck (i.e. no long adapter) is compared to the auto/203, and how long the front driveline is?

andy

2. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

I took the TH350/203 out of my 75 K5 and put a 4spd/205 in. Crossmember holes should be the same. I cut the bracket off another frame for the clutch linkage, and bolted it up to the existing holes in the frame (I believe those holes were in every frame). I just had to cut a hole in the floor under the pedals for the clutch linkage rod to go through, and I swapped out my floorpan with one that already had the hole for the 4spd shifter.

I converted my '81 Suburban last winter to a 4spd/205 from a TH400/208. The only thing I had to do on the '81 was drill the crossmember holes in the frame and I cut the hole in the floorboard for the shifter.