Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Auto Tranny? B&M SuperCooler!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Ryan B., Jun 21, 2004.

1. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

This weekend i put on a B&M supercooler... The biggest stacked plate tranny cooler they make, for 28,000 GVW...
    Part # B&M-70266
    It doesn't come with anything included, so a trip to osh and winchester auto took care of this.
    Brass fittings:
    2 -1/2" MPT to 3/8" FPT.
    2 -3/8" MPT to 3/8 nipple.
    -Teflon tape.
    -4' Transmission cooler hose & 4 hose clamps.

I hooked up a trans temp gauge a month ago..
    So far it looks like with this SuperCooler normal hot operating tempertures went from 210-230 degrees down to 150-170.
    At least a 40-50 degree temperture drop.
    Need i say more?

2. 88Silverado

88Silverado 1/2 ton status

Thats basically the same cooler that came on the tow package vehicles.
    Normal way to connect it is thru the cooler first than thru the radiator. But in California, it really doesnt matter.

/forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

3. ZZ4x4

ZZ4x4 1/2 ton status

Yeah, I gotta say every piece of B&M equipment I've purchased has performed flawlessly. I bought the Transkit which had excellent instructions, a straightforward install, and made my trans a gem. The Holeshot Converter , deep pan and other parts works great. Nice to have company you can rely on for quality parts. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif
    Some other companies I won't mention have problem after problem. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

4. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Yep, I used a B&M master racing overhaul kit when i rebuilt my TH-350 about 25,000 miles ago! Also put in a B&M stage 2 shift kit..
    When i put on a tranny temp gauge about a month ago, i realized my tranny was cookin' and never knew it before. Got this Supercooler and now i'm very pleased to see the temperature difference.
    I've been very happy with all the B&M parts i have purchased. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif