Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Auto-vote?

Discussion in 'Feedback | Site Announcements' started by Dieselmh, Jan 22, 2002.

1. Dieselmh

Dieselmh 1/2 ton status

Steve, would it be possible for you to enable an auto-voting mechanism like the other sites use for top 4X4? I know that the Taco guys used it, and the Ram Charger site uses it so that members automatically vote when they log in. I'm sure a lot of people would enable it, even though they may forget to vote on their own. Just a suggestion.

Diesel

Shouldn't it be called uncommon sense?

2. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

They aren't supposed to use it... I think if you do and get caught you get banned.....

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.chevycagal.homestead.com/steph.html>Steph's Webpage</a>
    Suck Fumes Ford Boy
    Stop Global Whining
    I'm in shape.... round is a shape......

3. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Alot of people don't log in or log out...like me I stay logged in!

Eric
    from Freekmont,CA.

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.community.webshots.com/user/vwryda>The darker side of nonsense...</a>

4. SlyDog

SlyDog 1/2 ton status

I have been logged in for about the last year and a half [​IMG]

<font color=green>[​IMG]1977 K5 GETTIN IT AWN[​IMG]</font color=green>
    BUILT NOT BOUGHT

5. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

That's too funny!!!![​IMG] One day I logged out and the next day it took me about 10 minutes to figure out why I couldn't see the view numbers...........DUH!!!!![​IMG]

<font color=red>DIGGING AND DIGGING AND DIGGING</font color=red>

6. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=purple> What is this log in you talk about ?

L8r,
    . Riz . <a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/rizmonkey>www.geocities.com/rizmonkey</a>

<font color=purple> monkeys steal my underwear at night

7. Dieselmh

Dieselmh 1/2 ton status

I don't log out either, but from what I understand, you don't have to log out then back in for auto vote to work for them. I think that when the server sees a member's computer hit the site and it has auto vote enabled, it sends a vote. I don't think that they have to logout evertime. If it's legal, we should use it, if not, then they should stop. On the top4x4 site, it says that voters have to knowingly click on the vote button, and know what they are voting for, but it doesn't say anything about enabling an auto-vote. The guys at RCC say that it's legal, but I don't know for sure.

Diesel

8. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.top4x4sites.com/faq.htm>www.top4x4sites.com/faq.htm</a>
    It's not legal to vote with auto vote... that what it says on the Top4x4Sites.com FAQ section...

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.chevycagal.homestead.com/steph.html>Steph's Webpage</a>
    "Grace is knowing when to be a lady and when to say "Ah, bite me, outta my way!"

9. Dieselmh

Dieselmh 1/2 ton status

There is a post in the non 4x4 section titled "for those that missed it, especially Steve" or something like that. It says that the top 4x4 site webmaster decided that auto vote was legal as long as your members know what it means. I think that's why they are beating us so badly, their members don't even have to think about voting, just enable auto vote when they first sign up, then just visit the site whenever they want.
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Board=non4x4&amp;Number=334985&amp;page=0&amp;view=collapsed&amp;sb=5&amp;o=&amp;part=1#Post335694>email</a>

Diesel

10. Dieselmh

Dieselmh 1/2 ton status

Just wondering if the auto vote thing is possible now that you have a little more free time? I hate to see us falling a distant 3rd place. I'm sure that our members would enable the auto vote, even if they can't remember to vote often. I can't stand losing to inferior sites just because they have auto vote and we don't.

11. Blazer79

Blazer79 1/2 ton status

12. Dieselmh

Dieselmh 1/2 ton status

The only problem with setting that as your home page is the fact that not everyone will do it. I don't have a problem voting, but some do. The autovote would allow people to enable it when the sign up, then they don't have to worry about it. Just trying to help Steve out without a lot of extra work. Also, at my job, my homepage gets set to our page automatically 3 times a week if I change it. I just figured the auto vote thing would be fairly easy for everyone to use, just check a little box in your profile, and it's done.

13. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

i like the idea /forums/images/icons/smile.gif