Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

auto zone engine mounts yay or nay ?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by R72K5, Jan 9, 2005.

1. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

just checking before i get some

i know napa carries brand called anchor,

sounds like cheap junk to me

autzone is rebox im sure

anyone know for sure ? 350 chevy 70s 80s style normal 2wd car truck ones

i threw away all the oens i used ot have stashed, engine mount trees, brackets and all, gone

thanks

2. CaveBlazin

CaveBlazin 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Auto Zone carries Energy Suspension poly engine mounts I think well maybe not poly but at least you get the name brand. You probably have to ask specifically for that brand. I did....

3. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

whats their cheap brand as far as engine mounts go, the black rubber normal 10 dollar ones ?
    how much are poly ones ?

thanks

4. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

5. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

they MIGHT be good!

Anchor/Doan has been in business for eons--unless they also sold out and now priduce their mounts in mexico or china (like nearly every other brand now does) they had a good reputation for quality products--Republic was another good brand,dont know if they are still around.. Anyone else notice the new brand of oil and parts the "zone" sells now??? "Valuecraft"--Hencho En Mexico born and raised--(Valuecrap?)..I dont like all this new stuff with spanish writing on it--I'm an american and speak and read ENGLISH!!...:mad:

6. big_black_blazer

big_black_blazer 1/2 ton status

i bought napa's engine mounts to go in my 1954 chevy. i run the crap out of it, probibly as hard as anybody else would, and still can't tell it from new. for a 62 dollar difference, i'd certainly go with the anchor.

7. joshua632

joshua632 Guest

I work part time at Autozone and the other night when it was slow I decided to check out the value craft oil filters. They are exactly the same as the STP filters. They are even shipped from the same factory in Mexico. So if you normally buy STP save a buck and go with Value Craft, its the same thing!