Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Autographs:

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by BIG*RED, Jan 15, 2006.

1. BIG*RED

BIG*RED 1/2 ton status

Does anyone here know much about Autographs? Like how would you go about finding out if an autograph that you had was worth anything?

2. alf4444

alf4444 1/2 ton status

Generally auto's are only worth what people will pay for them so search ebay for guidelines but you need proof it's authentic. What auto are you wondering about

3. shewheeler

shewheeler 1/2 ton status

You would have to have the autograph authenticated. I was trying to do this for some stuff my mom has, but the authentication places will want you to send the original sig ... not a copy. Once you find out if it's real or not, then you can go about selling it. The authenticator might help out with a price, too, but I'm not sure on that.

Good luck :)

4. BIG*RED

BIG*RED 1/2 ton status

Well I know its authentic because I walked up to him and got it from him..

its a autograph from Joe Montana.
    Somebody has showed interest in it, and asked if I would sell it to him, but he wants me to name a price...

so i have no ideal what price i should give him

5. spearchucker

spearchucker 1/2 ton status

It also depends on what it's signed on. If it's just a napkin then probably not much, but if it's a football from Superbowl XVI then probably thousands. My guess is that it's only worth 2 or 3 hundred. He doesn't seem like the kind of guy who turns people down for an autograph, so it's probably not that rare.

6. shewheeler

shewheeler 1/2 ton status

Even though you know it's real, in the event your buyer might want to sell it in the future, a cert of authentication might be valuable.

Check out this site for help with pricing.

7. BIG*RED

BIG*RED 1/2 ton status

Thanks for all the tips! ;)

its not on a napkin, nor a superbowl ticket.

just a pice of paper..

back in the late '80s, the niners had their summer training camp at sierra college in Rocklin, and i was there, and walked through the cafateria, and saw him sitting with some people, and very timdidly walked up and asked if i could have his autograph..and he smiled and said sure

so it says "To Craig, All the best, Joe Montana"

several years later, after he retired, I saw him at the Nevada County Fair in Grass Valley California, of all places, and he looked at me, and then did a double take, and said "your that kid that i talked to in the cafeteria in rocklin years ago"..

I was susprised and impressed that he remembered