Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Autolockers?????

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 66chev, Feb 22, 2006.

1. 66chev

66chev Registered Member

Hey i got a 66 chevy 4x4 and i got a set of autolocker hubs that came out of a 85 chevy pickup 4x4. I was wondering if anyone knows if these hubs will fit in my 66. Also if you had a exploded diagram of these hubs i would be realy interested in looking at it. Thanks

66chev

Last edited: Feb 22, 2006
  2. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

i dotn think they will but even if they do noone will reccomend them. these hubs can be very unreliable and have tendancys to unlock at the worst times...

3. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

no they wont. until 77, chevy used differnt wheelhubs that required external style hubs. the set you have off the 85 are internal style

4. 66chev

66chev Registered Member

Actally this axle has a internal style of hub. I took one of those hubs out tonite and disassembled the entire thing and i dont see any reason why this hub style would work. The inner hub is to far away from the axle shaft, along with the fact that the inner hub must slide out to mesh with the outer hub. So there is no way these hubs are gona work

Just to let u know i found a exploded view of that hub in one of my dads motors manual books.
    Thanks
    66chev