Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

automatic challenged

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by dbltapp, Aug 22, 2001.

1. dbltapp

dbltapp 1/2 ton status

i finally got my new 4.10's to replace the 3.08's and was wondering if i would be better off driving around in D or O/D, and which would be better on my 700r4? i have 33" tires. i am just not used to driving with an auto yet. also, i paid 511$ for richmond gears and the master overhaul kits, that seemed like a good deal, plus i got three day shipping.

89 SUBURBAN, 1/2 TON, 350 TBI,21/2 LIFT W/33'S

2. LittlePig

LittlePig 1/2 ton status

As long as you will be above about 2500rpms when in OD you should be ok. Those gears are probably tall enough to do that. From what I understand about the 700r4, anything below 2500 or so, and the Torque converter won't lock up, at least not fully, and you may burn tranny fluid from the slippage (happened in my 84 camaro, drove from MA to NY after getting the fluid changed, and by the time I got there, the fluid had turned yellow).

Email: littlepig@keepandbeararms.com