Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

automatic/electric choke

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by arq, Jul 31, 2004.

1. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

anyone add an aftermarket choke system to their first gen?? mine seems to have a mind of it's own, it hasn't been consistent lately.

ARQ.

2. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

Mine has an aftermarket zip-tie holding it open. Does that count /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

With your weather do you really need it? I have to let mine warm up for a min or 2 or it will just die from giving it gas...but it always starts just fine.

3. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif the epa didn't really like the zip tie i had. I've seen some aftermarket, carb approved ones but run about 50 r so. I don't even know why it's needed around here. it's about 100+ weather during the summer.

ARQ.

4. Dieselmh

Dieselmh 1/2 ton status

I've never been a big fan of automatic chokes. When I bought my avenger carb used, the auto choke coil thingy was broken, so I put on an Oreilly special manual choke cable. It works great and I don't have to worry about it sticking! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif