Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Automatic to manual swap

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 4x4_76, Oct 28, 2004.

1. 4x4_76

4x4_76 1/2 ton status

Tried search, but find nothing.

I'm a bit tired to my TH-350, it keeps breaking and slipping constantly. So, even that I'm automatic tranny fan, I'm leaning on to swap in Muncie 465. It shouldn't be to hard task to complete, just replace the flexplate with flywheel, mount the master cylinder for clutch and some mods for t-case. And possibly shorter/longer driveshafts.

Does the clutch master cylinder affect to brake pedal assembly? Do I need to change that too?

Is the flywheel swap direct bolt-on to crankshaft? Is the crank different on manual vs. auto (6.2)? My parts dealer said that it may be different, so mounting pilot bushing for input shaft would be difficult/impossible.

I know I need to change the adapter and input shaft on the t-case. Is there anything else that I should change?

And one more thing, previously mentioned parts dealer said that my K5 is gonna be "heavy" to drive. Don't know exactly what he meat by saying that. If you compare it to auto, of course it's heavier /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif 'cause you have to push the cluthc pedal and shift gears. But is there something else?

2. TruckNutzDude

TruckNutzDude 1/2 ton status

Have you ever checked out this place? Link so you don't have to search for it...
    If you scroll down a few inches there is an article that should help you out with your exact problem. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. TruckNutzDude

4. TruckNutzDude

meh... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

5. 4x4_76

4x4_76 1/2 ton status

Thanks! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I appreciate your help.

I feel bit stupid, I was on the front page couple of times tonight, but didn't scroll down the page. I was trying to become a member, but there were some problems so I try again later.