Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

AUTOMATIC TO STANDARD CONVERSION

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by SWAMPRNR, May 13, 2001.

1. SWAMPRNR

SWAMPRNR 1/2 ton status

i am replaceing my automatic with a sm465 and 205 t-case
    does any body make a hydrolic clutch that that will work with this combo. it is out of a 77 blazer and going in a 82 blazer.

2. xtreme_wlr

xtreme_wlr 1/2 ton status

you have to fab a setup for it. Grim-Reaper had a thread on that b4. do a search for it.

'78 Chevy 1 ton Stepside RockCrawler
    468 BB, SM465, NP205
    D60 front, GM 14Bolt rear w/ Detroit
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://65.11.18.114>http://65.11.18.114</A>

3. fad2blk99

fad2blk99 1/2 ton status

I just did that swap in my 88' about three months ago. So far so good. Anyway, the parts for a factory hyd clutch setup (which is what I did) can all be purchased at the dealer. But if you are in luck, you can find a 85' or newer Chevy truck w/ the SM465 for a donor vehicle (must be C/K boby style). GM went to Hyd clutches in '85. If you are still interested let me know and I can give you a run down of the parts you are going to need. Good luck! -Tommy

4. DieselDan

DieselDan 1/2 ton status

I have NOT tried this yet, but when I convert mine over to standard (hopefully this summer) I'm gonna look at the hydraulic master and throwout bearing used on late model Camaro/Firebird. The master cylinder, remote resevior, braided hose, and hydraulic throwout bearing went for about $143.00 complete from the Chevy dealer.