Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

automatic vs. manual

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by balzackks84, Sep 26, 2002.

1. balzackks84

balzackks84 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

im coming across an sm465 for pretty cheep. but im debating on whether or not this will be over kill. id buy it and hold it till i could afford to get a doubler. my question is would i be better off using a th400/doubler/3:1 in the 205 or should i go with the 465/doubler? would running 3:1 in this combo be over kill for a daily driver? the worst thing is working at an auto parts store and being broke. everyons giving you ideas and i can do is dream /forums/images/icons/frown.gif . maybe next summer.

2. jeffro

jeffro 1/2 ton status

It wouldn't hurt your daily driver unless you put into low range on the street. Maybe you could get your boss to let you order your parts through the parts store and maybe get a discount.

3. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

You will be VERY happy with the SM465! The granny low does magic off road! =)
    Its a very strong and reliable. Great tranny and standard is always funner to drive... unless you can't drive stick very well. =P

4. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

if u speak so highly of it why ya wanna get a 700r4 huh huh huh?????? /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif but since ya wanna do that might as well give me that sm465 with all the linkages and what not to make it work for free. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif hell i'll even give ya my 700r4. what ya think. good deal????? lol. later.

jacob