Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Automatics vs. Revolvers

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by TheSleeper, May 2, 2003.

1. TheSleeper

TheSleeper Newbie

The Sleeper hears this argument all the time. It's like the argument over which bat to use; wood (for the sheer joy of holding a large piece of lumber) vs. Aluminum (easier to wash the blood off of).
    Revolvers for casual use; automatic for when 14 rounds at close range are needed to make a point....The Sleeper uses them all.....

2. balzackks84

balzackks84 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Did you mean to say semi-auto.. or full auto?

Seems to me that TheSleeper is probably about 5'nothin 100nothin pounds and is a big pu$$y that he can't make a point with his fists.

On a side note revolvers don't leave evidence at the crime scene, that in a hurry you might look over picking up.

3. HispanicPanic

HispanicPanic 1/2 ton status

revolver is the HispanicPanics choice of armed robbery no jamming in and out in under 3

4. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> The Sleeper needs to learn that referring to one's self in the 3rd person is lame. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif </font>

5. The_Sandman_454

The_Sandman_454 1/2 ton status

I prefer a good bolt action rifle and reach out &amp; touch the target from a bit of distance away, but if that choice isn't available, then semi automatic and revolver in that order. Semi auto for the relatively quick reloads (yeah you can get loaders for revolvers to help out but it's probably a little harder to use that than a magazine...

Of course if we're takin' for committing a crime I have no experience, but I think I'd leave my choices about the same... If you fire a shot, you're leaving evidence anyhow (in the form of a bullet) and it shouldn't matter much if they find some empty casings lying around...

6. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

The balistics that they can get off of spent cartridge cases from semi autos is easy to change if you were to commit a crime. If you run a stainless steel brush threw the chamber, over the breech face, and change your firing pin they will never be able to prove a spent case came from your gun.

This is why the systems of registering spent cartridge cases in Maryland and New York won't and don't work.

7. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Oh ya, I use both. Intown I carry a semi, and out of town I carry a revo (sometime single action, sometimes double).