Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Autometer transmission temp. sending unit installation

Discussion in '1992-Present Chevy & GMC models' started by BigBlueZ71, Aug 6, 2002.

1. BigBlueZ71

BigBlueZ71 Newbie

Hey guy's I usually stick to www.offroad.com but they weren't much help on this topic. I just recently bought a tranny temp and oil temp gauge from autometer. the ultra lites. Now, I have them halfway installed...and now can't figure out how to install the tranny temp sending unit. the oil gauge comes with a replacement drain plug for the oil pan. the tranny gauge came with the same setup, but...no tranny drain plug. has anybody ever installed a tranny temp gauge on this model truck? thanks for any help you have to offer.

-Ryan C. Shearer, Kingwood, Tx 1994 Chevrolet Z-71 350ci/auto tranny

2. Shorts

Shorts 1/2 ton status

you probably just need to drill out the hole, kinda like if you were adding a drain plug to your tranny pan. just drop the pan, you won't lose much tranny fluid. just be sure you clean the pan of metal shavings, before you put it back up /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif ...don't forget to add for the fluid you lost.

3. Hmmmmm drop the tranny pan and lose most of the fluid. B&M sells a tranny pan drain plug that will work for that sending unit. You might have to get a piece to match the threads you have with the plug. Good luck