Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Autozone Warranty

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by CyberSniper, Mar 20, 2005.

1. CyberSniper

CyberSniper 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I never go to Autozone (douchebag extraordinaires in my hometown) except for two brake rotors that are only sold there. I was perusing through the warranty and it said "void if used offroad" or something of that nature.

So, when did that happen?

I can't warranty the rotors anyway because they've been modified but I was just wondering when they added that to their warranty.

I find it amusing. Is someone going to say... "Yeah man, I was bouncing off rocks like a pinball while navigating the Rubicon like a 5 year old in a shifter cart when all of a suddent my tie rod end sh¡t out on me." "SO here I am for the WARRANTY". No, they're going to say, "this part failed on me, here is my receipt". I'm not going to volunteer that I was abusing the product that they charge me $33 for that doesn't even come with assembly grease in it.

2. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

ive never had a problem with a warenty at autozone. even when i killed at starter in the mud, i just washed it out the best i could and they never said anything.

3. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

The corporate lawyers and beancounters force that kind of crap on companies these days, to save $$$. Problem is that these idiots are too far removed from reality to realize that if you piss off enough customers, there won't be any money in the corporation to save.

But on the other hand, most of the Autozone parts counter types I've run across wouldn't recognize a part that was used offroad, unless of course it was still dripping mud or had obvious rockrash on it...

4. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

hell they gave me two left calipers,i painted them and didn't realize it till instalation.:blush: and they took it back.:laugh:

5. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

I returned calipers from a Nissan to AutoZone to get my core charge back when I did my rear disk swap. :grin:

6. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

HA HA HA HA. sweet.:p:

7. CyberSniper

CyberSniper 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Yeah... when turning a core in make sure you do it at a time when you're not buying the part. Because most parts counter guys seem to want to help you out and make sure that the one you're buying is the same as the one you're returning. I've made that mistake before. It's hard to dig yourself out of that hole.

Cores are a racket anyway. Let's tax you on a tax on something you've already bought once.