Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Autozone!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by JeremyK5, Aug 30, 2002.

1. JeremyK5

JeremyK5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I went to my local autozone, and saw that it had been remodeled on the inside. I went to where the counter used to be, and was shocked! /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif The counter was replaced by several island countertops, and I had the option to look up the parts for myself! /forums/images/icons/cool.gif These are the same computers the autozone has been using for years, but now I don't have to deal with any stupid questions! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif All I have to do now is look up what I want, call one of the workers over to me and point at the part number for it, and they go get it off the shelf. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

2. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Very cool! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

3. yeild2me

yeild2me 1/2 ton status

That is awesome!! esp. since most of us have a hodge podge of different truck parts, and although I know most parts for the different years are the same, its always good to ensure they are.

4. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

SWEEEET! Now I dont have to explain why I need parts for "93 different" Chevrolet models and yrs, only for them to tell me it wont work.

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

That is the best idea for a parts store I've ever heard !!!! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

6. FL84K5

FL84K5 1/2 ton status

I try to avoid my local Autozone. All of the "non english speaking population" goes there, so its pretty bad trying to get parts because they guys behind the desk are trying to understadn what the heck they want to buy.

7. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Niiice, maybe that'll help me start buying parts before the job again, if I won't have to bring the old one in for positive ID first...

8. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

I always look up the stuff myself anyway...thats cool though.

9. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

LOL!! Isnt that the truth...its like this when I go in to autozone

Me I need rear calipers for a 77 cadilac eldorado, rotors from a 80 K30, headlight for a 85 K5, transfer case output seal for a 73 K20....

10. TITAN

TITAN 1/2 ton status

90K5 I know that in a perfect world it is supposed to work like that now, but however I have found that although I am not sure how, but they get switched in the parts boxes at Autozone. I am starting to think that the employees get bonus money every time that the doors open at an Autozone. I had two of what was supposed to be the same parts to put in the trailer for spares to take to the races, and found out the hard way that we had two entirely different pieces, thank God one of them was correct. Same numbers, entirely different pieces. Now this is the neat part, took them back to the store to show them, they go to the shelf, pull the "same part number," and guess what a third part, so now we have three parts and one parts number for one rotor bug. I have witnesses to this, and they will swear on it. So still having no choice but to deal with Stupid Zone from time to time, I still visually make for sure that it is what I need, not what the say I need. *LOL* Of course you are talking to someone that could fall into a barrel of boobs and come out sucking my thumb. /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

11. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

My parts list ranges from 74 k20 to 98 k1500! No car parts that I can think of yet. LOL!

What I love is when they say it cant be done. Then I just point out the window and tell them not to tell my rig that. He might be insulted if someone told him he didnt exist. LOL!

Then theres the snot nose HS kids that think they know what their talking about. I was building motors before they were born, and had my 1st hybrid rig when they were in kindergarten! I have found some GOOD parts guys in my area that understand what Ive got and work w/ me real good.

12. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Autozone can pretty much eat my shorts as far as I'm concerned.