Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

AV question again, Remote Repeaters, experience?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sled_dog, Jan 23, 2006.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Anyone have experience with remote repeaters? we would like to install our DVD player and cable box in the closet next to our living room. Out of sight. To do this will require either an RF remote or a remote repeater setup. Anyone have experience with a remote repeater system?

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-4VvJ51xoFZ1/cgi-bin/ProdGroup.asp?g=195050

there are some of what I'm talking about. I want to know how the heck you really set them up before I think about undertaking the setup.

The AV guy we talked with came back with an OUTRAGEOUS quote. I mildly expected that. He has us buying a seperatre receiver, sub, and speakers for the surround sound. All of which could be purchased for the price of the receiver he has listed :rolleyes:(granted not the products he lists, and likely not AS high quality but we aren't looking at the best of the best).

2. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

my buddy has one lap fropg or somhing like it
    works kick ass i like it allot, he uses it for his dvr
    ill call him tomorrow and see wich oine he has

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

nvm I found a universal RF remote cheap on Bestbuy.com. $150 for the remote and $70 for the receiver(just place it in front of the devices to be controlled and it converts the RF signal to an IR signal. It is the same one this AV guy wants $650 to get it and program it(forget that).