Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Avalanche High Steer D44 Arm Woes...........

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Waxer, Nov 3, 2002.

1. Waxer

Waxer 1/2 ton status Author

First time out wheeling and I bent the crud out of my D44 Avalanche arm. I'm going to be calling them this week to see what my options are. I would prefer to just get another one, but there are weaknesses in the D44 arm to begin with which I want to share with them.

Pics...

[​IMG]

and

[​IMG]

and

[​IMG]

and

[​IMG]

2. blazing86

blazing86 1/2 ton status

I had the same problem with the arms. I was using 1/2 in misalignment spacers as well. Mine bent on the middle hole. WHen icalled avalanche the guy, told me that i had to much flex on my truck and told me that the only way to prevent that from happening was to use limiting straps. Um.........i have leaf springs with to much flex? I doubt it. Plus the guy told me they wouldnt replace it, and i had to buy a new one. I do not recommend these arms.

3. Waxer

Ok, I'm not one to trash talk a company, but I've heard now from more than one source that Avalanche will not backup their arm and give me a new one. I'm still going to verify this tomorrow with a phone call but I wanted to share this with everyone.

I found PURE BEEF arms which I'm going to buy definitely now after seeing them. Check these muthas out!!

[​IMG]
    This one is the smaller one /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif It sells for $89 at http://www.partsmikeparts.com/44CorrectedArm.htm

and for the grand finale...

[​IMG]
    This one sells for $119 and is PURE FRICKEN BEEF, I'll be buying this one. Here it is ---> http://www.partsmikeparts.com/Arm3Pic.htm

4. Waxer

Oh yah, almost forgot. Parts Mike also has the dropped Pitman which is a lot better than the pitman I'm currently running. It is also reamed out for the GM 1 Ton rod ends just like the arms are....

enough with that yackin.... show me some pics waxer!!

[​IMG]

and

[​IMG]

These can be seen here ----> http://www.partsmikeparts.com/tre.htm

5. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

WOAH MAMA! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

Have you got a pic, straight on of the front of your truck? Showing both wheels and your angles?

Thank you sir.

BTW, try talking to Cliff. He seems like a pretty nice and knowledgable guy. At least in my dealing with them. (limited)

KP

7. Waxer

no, both wheels are fine. The tie rod didnt get damaged at all. Just the steering arm on the passenger side, which the drag link connects to.

8. ken

ken 1/2 ton status

I have been dealin with Parts Mike for years, and all I have to say is good things about him and his service! He will spend time on the phone with you to make sure you get the correct part, and his prices beat most others! It's called 'no advertising', unlike the popular names you see out there...heck they're popular because they spend money, your money, advertising!! Try Parts Mike, you WON'T be disappointed!

9. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

There was a huge thread on Pirate about this a while ago............and from what I remember there was NO backing of the product. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

10. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Sounds like Avalanche will be having their going-out-of-business sale soon. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif If they make something that sucks, then they should just admit that it sucks and replace it with a part that will take the abuse. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

11. Waxer

I would have to agree. I personally won't be purchasing anything from them again. I'm taking my business to Parts Mike and other retailers.

12. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Frank, I'm interested in this thread on the PBB forum.....think you could find it and post the link here? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

13. thebigdaddyof2

thebigdaddyof2 1/2 ton status

Your pic of the Parts Mike arm looks very simular (if not identical) to the Tri-County arm I bought a couple of years back for $125. I have abused this arm with NO problems.

I'd tell Avalanche to "Stick their arm up their....!"

14. K10ANDYKHAMNIC

K10ANDYKHAMNIC 1/2 ton status

i had a thought , i wonder if you had had a bolt or tie rod end in the empty hole it might not have bent ???

{just a friendly ribbing} but what was that you wer saying about my jaep tj pitman arm being wimpy ,looks like you had a wimpier part .... /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif avalanch stinx worse than jaep !!! j/k

15. Waxer

no worries dude, yeah if something was in there to help spread the load like a false tie rod end or something, it would have been fine I'm sure. Live and learn..

But their customer service or lack thereof is what drove me to not want to do business with them again.