Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Avalanche????

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by slodawg, Aug 20, 2000.

1. slodawg

slodawg 1/2 ton status

I guess this is the S.U.T. (sport utility truck) of the future.
    [​IMG]
    I wonder how many cup holders it has?

<font color=blue>SLODAWG</font color=blue>
    http://www.slodawg.coloradok5.com

2. Michael

Michael 1/2 ton status

I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but that thing hurts my eyes!! The only thig worse is the new Aztek minivan......what the hell is GM thinkin'?

Michael [​IMG] http://jmartin.net/parker/goose.htm

3. Bone85K5

Bone85K5 1/2 ton status

OK, biting my tounge for saying this but.... you know they have to do what consumers want. If people want a truck/suv hybrid, can you blame them? At least they arent juts building a crew cad like ford, dodge, nissan and everyone else, they are taking it one step further.
    I am by no means saying that it look good, but as far as function goes, its everything a lot of people have been asking for: a midgate, more room, more storage comparments in the bed of pickups where for decades nothing has been but empty wheel well space. GM is trying to satisfy things but time will tell where things will go. Just sit back guys these trucks are going to be cool, just watch.

Ben
    www.BenjaminBone.coloradoK5.com

4. dumbfounded

dumbfounded 1/2 ton status

Maybe I can add a 6.5ft stepside body and extend the frame 7 feet lift 12" and put some 44's. Would that sell. Oh yeah a nice built 502 with a B&M 8-71. Maybe I could start dumbfounded motor company. Would anyone be interested?

Love, Peace, and Hair Grease...........

5. MudRebel350

MudRebel350 1/2 ton status

Its got a 5.3 in it. Whats the cubic inches of that? I saw it at the ny auto show it had some weird 33's on it but the fag at the display said they would cost too much for replacement tires when they wear so there goin with some metric jobs. He said about 700 a tire.

JD
    88 Gmc Jimmy

6. If I am not mistaken, the 5.3L is a 327 cid. motor and the stats on this one is 285 hp. They have what most people want in a vehicle and a little bit more. They'll be way out of my price range or I would have one in the drive with a 12" lift, Dana 60's front and rear, coilover 4 link suspension, and 44" Boggers ! Screw all of that stock stuff !! This is what a real man wants in a truck !!

[​IMG]<font color=red>BigBurb[​IMG]
    <font color=purple>IF YOU'RE SCARED, SAY YOU'RE SCARED !!

7. Kodiak

Kodiak 1/2 ton status

Ok. I'll be the one to be for it. I saw one about 4 years ago in prototype stage. I knew then I wanted one. I plan to buy one when they are available. I've got a 99 jeep grand that will be going once the avalanche is available. My wife will drive it mostly, and thats fine with me. I should have my 71 restored by then.

http://kodiak.coloradok5.com

8. slodawg

slodawg 1/2 ton status

I just wonder what the price tag on it will be??? Lets see Ive got a 78 & 75 K5 so in about the year 2025 or so I guess I'll be able to get one. lol What ever happened to the I need a truck to actually USE catagory. That just looks like it might not hold up on the farm. I guess you take the caddy out to work bring it home park it and get in the truck to go out. At least they still make the Suburban.

9. Kodiak

Kodiak 1/2 ton status

The 1 ton flatbed that pulls the gooseneck trailer is for work. This one is just for taking the kids and dogs fishing.

http://kodiak.coloradok5.com

10. 86blazerk5

86blazerk5 1/2 ton status

Nothing to worry about guys...K5s will again be available in the year 2005. You see, bye that time I will be through school, and running my own custom shop. I will be importing the two door tahoes from mexico, tearing out the IFS and putting the old solid axles back in, and chaopping the roof so you will all be able to buy brand new K5s again... Of course you guys will all be rich then two... Truthfully, i like the Avalanch, its definently better than anything ford or dodge has of that type. And i expect it to be just as tough as the new silverado, however, I really wish chevy would start to offer a solid axle front again for us real truck fans, oh well...
    Ike

Jeep, what every boy dreams of... K5 what every man owns!!!

11. slodawg

slodawg 1/2 ton status

Awe heck I'm from Southern AR. We drive the flatbed to town to pick up croceries. (just kidding) Yeah its alright I just get more amased every year with what they come up with. That aztec is the worst yet. I do kinda like the back on it. I wonder could you retro fit it to a blazer. 86blazerK5 I would officially like to put in an order for the K5 youre going to build. All leather and power of course. Will a warn 12,000 and winch bumber be optional or is that included in the msrp?

12. mudfanatic

mudfanatic 1/2 ton status

The problem with the Aztek it they built all of that versatility into it, made it look that ugly, gave it absolutely no ground clearance... 7" maybe, and not even all wheel drive, the thing is front wheel drive only.
    STUPID!
    Dan

<font color=red>get involved with land issues or lose the land</font color=red>

13. sosamantx

sosamantx 1/2 ton status