Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

AVP!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by nc87k5, Aug 13, 2004.

1. nc87k5

nc87k5 3/4 ton status

ok, judging by the previews, I think it's going to be a fairly decent movie. who's going to see it this weekend?
    what do you think about it?

2. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

alien vs. predator... sounds interesing. I dont think its here for a bit though... small towns /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

3. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

ya mon. id see that one /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

id love to see it at the theater but just don't have the money but i will buy it when it comes out on DVD /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. nc87k5

nc87k5 3/4 ton status

I want to see it with m y older brother while my wife is at his step daughter's baby shower. he's in the same boat some of us is in, not enough money. but I'll pay his way if we go!!

6. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

money isnt everything thats for sure /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif i was happier when i was dirt poor /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif and i mean dirt poor too /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Btw fishin is good to do w no money, just gas,a ploe,mabey a beer, and worms /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif(completely and utterly off topic)

7. mudhog

[ QUOTE ]
    money isnt everything thats for sure /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif i was happier when i was dirt poor /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif and i mean dirt poor too /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Btw fishin is good to do w no money, just gas,a ploe,mabey a beer, and worms /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif(completely and utterly off topic)

[/ QUOTE ]
    i have an awesome spot that i go to thats like 5min from my house /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif all it costs me is some bait and about $2 in gas /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

I'm getting a babysitter and taking my wife to the drive-in to see it tonight! /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

If it's not any good then we'll have drinks, snacks and a nice mattress in the back of the Suburban ...... so we can chat. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

9. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

I'm a geek about pretty much anything with Aliens or Predators. Comic books, books, movies, and computer games. Mostly I like the Aliens books.

I've been looking forward to the movie for a long time. The only thing I'm disappointed about is that it doesn't take place in space.

I do like the actor that I assume plays the lead role. I remember him from that Fox series Millenium.

10. mudhog

the guy your talking about is named Lance Henriksen

11. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

I just got back from seeing it.

Lame lame lame. It was an entirely masturbatory experience; that is to say there were breif moments of excitement, but for the most part it felt like my time could be better spent elsewhere. It was really cheesy and the plot was full of holes. The action was OK at times but very disjointed. It's like the filmmaker had a few scenes that he wanted to do and the rest of the movie was written for the purpose of getting those scenes, then the thing turned out to be too long so most of those 3 good scenes ended up on the cutting room floor.

I give it 3 /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif/forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif/forums/images/graemlins/doah.gifs, 2 /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif/forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gifs and 2 /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif/forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gifs with one bonus /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif because I saw it on company time.

12. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Thats what I was afraid of and to think the director is bangin Milla beav.... /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

13. nc87k5

nc87k5 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I'm getting a babysitter and taking my wife to the drive-in to see it tonight! /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

If it's not any good then we'll have drinks, snacks and a nice mattress in the back of the Suburban ...... so we can chat. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

man, the nearest drive in is 3 hrs away from us, we used to have several around here, but they all fell prey to the great moral questioning in the late 70's, seemed these around here really played the "good stuff" after 12:00 at night and someone didn't like it, so they set a match to them /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif it really sucks. wish I had the land out in the country where no one can see what's on the screen and open one up, that'd rock /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif.

I bet you are going to "chat". /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

14. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

Unfortunately that doesn't surprise me either.

That's why I was disappointed it didn't take place in the future. I din't think they could make a feesible plot they way they were trying to go about it.

[ QUOTE ]
    the guy your talking about is named Lance Henriksen

[/ QUOTE ]
    Yep, that's the guy. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif