Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Awesome Rock Carnage...Tire Mayhem!!!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by RedDwarf, Aug 1, 2001.

1. RedDwarf

RedDwarf 1/2 ton status

Okay, used to be everybody was running the BFG's on the rocks, now it's Swamp's and Bog's.

Anybody running anything else in the rocks successfully?
    Buckshots, Gumbos, On/Off Road RVT's, anything out of the ordinary?

Lift It, Lock It, LIVE IT!!!<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by RedDwarf on 08/01/01 10:31 PM.</FONT></P>

2. RedDwarf

RedDwarf 1/2 ton status

You guys really suck!
    32 views, and no replys!

"Now little Johnny, don't ever talk to pavement pounders!"

Lift It, Lock It, LIVE IT!!!

3. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

my tslrs do pretty good on the big rock (slab) of the shop. I gotta get that thing running soon!!!

Sherman, Tx
    <font color=red>Come Awn yall...Let's go to LUCHENBACH, TEXAS!!!
    </font color=red>

4. Leadfoot

Leadfoot 1/2 ton status Premium Member

A little harsh don't you think? This sight is the best, just give it a little time and I'm sure someone will respond with accurate info. Heck, anyone could have posted a bunch of B.S., but they were mature enough to let someone who really knows answer (that's what makes this sight rock). I know sometimes we get the occasional idiot, but for the most part when people don't respond it's because they either don't know, or know someone else here that's more knowledgeable and they will let them give the advice. Especially since it looks like you are looking for specifics. Normally I would have just looked at your post and went on because I don't do much wheelin in the rocks (location, location, location), but I felt compelled since you think 33+ of us suck.
    P.S. your sig tell little Johnny not to talk to pavement pounders, but look at your title

If you didn't build it yourself, how can you call it yours.......?

5. RedDwarf

RedDwarf 1/2 ton status

That's not my sig. I was impersonating a matriarcal figure reprimanding the average CK5 member in their adolescence, leading to their waryness to respond to a pavement pounder such as myself.

No worries though, an imflamitory statement always pulls em out of the woodwork.

BTW, I had to retrieve this from page four.

6. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Also, alot of guys run Goodyear MT/R's!

Mike

<font color=green>"It's like a sore dick deal, You cant beat it!"</font color=green>

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/emmettology101>www.geocities.com/emmettology101</a>

7. Leadfoot

Leadfoot 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I hope you know it was a joke, I went to edit my response and put some [​IMG]'s and [​IMG]'s in there, but you can't do it in edit mode. Hope there was no offense.

If you didn't build it yourself, how can you call it yours.......?

8. beater74

beater74 1/2 ton status

okay i run low profile yokahomas on 22" gold spoked rims now ya got 6 responces

9. RedDwarf

RedDwarf 1/2 ton status

I am really thick skinned.

I'm not pissed off, just thought it was kind of funny to get all those views and no replies. They're pouring in now though Lift It, Lock It, LIVE IT!!!<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by RedDwarf on 08/02/01 12:39 PM.</FONT></P>

10. FRIZZLEFRY

FRIZZLEFRY 1/2 ton status

I run 35-12.5 Uniroyal Laredo M/Ts.Its a great tire and Ive had them for 4 years.The only problem is that on my last 2 outings on the rocks Ive managed to take out large chunks of the tread.Not down to the belts just sorta ripped off a few lugs.

"I AM THE HILIFT KING"<a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/beaterwhang>community.webshots.com/user/beaterwhang</a>

11. MaxCrack

MaxCrack 1/2 ton status

Maybe the reason few have replied is that few are running "Buckshots, Gumbos, On/Off Road RVT's, anything out of the ordinary? " It has nothing to do with being a pavement pounder. If any of us have any opinions or ideas you will hear (read) them.

That's because I'm the devil.

12. RedDwarf

RedDwarf 1/2 ton status

Well, your theory is both correct and incorrect.

What bothered me was not the fact that I got few responses, rather that I had thirty-some views and *no* responses. Now that some people have responded with their tires, I am a happy camper. See, I am easy to please.

As you can see, there are some guys here who are running something "out of the ordinary". Beater74 is even running low profile Yokahomas.

Thank you for your response, although you didn't mention what tires you are running.

13. beater74

beater74 1/2 ton status

he he he he and don't forget thems 22" Gold spoked rims yo yo yo home boyyyy. now got gets me one of thems coffee can mufflas.

14. RedDwarf

RedDwarf 1/2 ton status

So how much can you air them down, Beater74?
    Does the extra siping help?

15. beater74

beater74 1/2 ton status

yo yo yo thems is run flat tias, aint no air in thems. kinda like ma heads yo yo what sipen yo talkn about dats gin and juus now dats siping!

16. you have to admit, red dwarf, that the k5 forums move faster then the Pirate ones. maybe no one is running rocks on anything other then boggers or bfgs so they didn't post. i have bfgs too so i can't help ya. i've heard buckshots are hard as nails.

<font color=blue>Striving for K5 world dominance</font color=blue>

17. RedDwarf

RedDwarf 1/2 ton status

You must be right, after 167 views, I have gotten one response that uses Uniroyals, one joke Yokahoma user, and one guy who has seen Goodyears in use. The other 12 replies were either me, or somone giving me a hard time.