Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Awesome seats

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by rockosangel, Jul 24, 2000.

1. rockosangel

rockosangel 1/2 ton status

We found a set of captains chairs from a 94 suburban this weekend at a salvage yard...They needed a lil cleaning, but man do they look good. Will post pics on our website soon..Keep an eye out.. Anyways, if your looing for new seats, check out the salvage yard for suburban seats, they need a tad bit of modification to mount them, but well worth it! Just thought I would throw that out there...:o)

http://www.rockosangel.coloradok5.com

I'd rather push my Chevy than drive a Ford!

2. Depdog

Depdog 1/2 ton status Author

You have to make them fit, but any set of (gulp, gag) import buckets are a vast improvment over the stock seats. If you are lucky you can find a set from a 300 Z or one of the other jap rice rockets and get a really great set with mondo adjustments.

Depdog

<font color=blue>"Lead, Follow, or BECOME the Trail"</font color=blue>

http://depdogsk5.coloradok5.com

3. 76GMCJimmyinAZ

76GMCJimmyinAZ Registered Member

I shopped for some high-backs for my truck, and only found one set (I only specified Blazer to the junkyards when I was calling) here in Phoenix, and they were wrong color. Soooo, by the time I bought AND reupholstered them, I would have had $500-600 in the pair. I ended up finding some seats at one of these places that sells the whole bench/built-in console seats (for a measly $900 or so) that came out of a commuter bus/van. They are reclining buckets with dual armrests, the right color, and flawless for $90 each. I just had to adapt them to my pedestals. They're about 2 years old now, and showing no signs of wear at all. Anyway, this probably doesn't contribute to anything, but there are cheaper alternatives out there! =)

GUZZLES GAS BUT IT'S FREE AND CLEAR!!!

4. Adrock

Adrock 1/2 ton status

I have the power seats from a 92 300zx twin turbo in my suzuki samurai. best 350 dollars i ever spent for interior stuff. just thought it was funny you mentioned that.

Adam
    a.k.a. Adrock
    88 Chevy Blazer FI 383
    Aint nothin' like the sound of Chevy Thunder

5. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

I'm running a set of seats out of an early 90's Mitsubishi Mini van. I installed the center row captains chairs as the front seats. They are the perfect hight. They spin, recline, and tilt. They have double armrests and the seat tracks are over 3ft long! No problem getting into the back seat any more. The passenger seat can be turned and slid till it hits the dash. I can load a 56 quart cooler through the side no problem. The front seats from the van are now the rear seats for my Jimmy. I built a pedistall for them and used a set of belts out of the back of a jeep. All match and are flawless. Talked the guy down to $70 for the whole set.

Diging it in the dirt with my K5's
    Grim-Reaper
    http://grimsk5s.coloradok5.com/

6. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

I got power seats and the front console from a '99 Tahoe. They are great and you can get them at a place where they do conversions. They were expensive tho but he guy I bought it from put them in so they didn't cost me anything.

90K5

7. ggallin13

ggallin13 1/2 ton status

With the popularity of Suburbans and <gasp> Expeditions, I am waiting for one to show up at the local yard and then I am going to make my move. Actually, the wrecking yard guy is going to call me when he gets a set of good seats. $30 each, not too bad. The shop said they'd make me brackets, so I am stoked! I put Porsche seats in my Cruiser, they rock, but I can't find another wrecked 911 [​IMG].

8. rockosangel

Forogt ot mention, only paid $150.00 for them...I didn't think that was too shabby, considering that the driver side is power and they look brand new after being cleaned...
    Ya'll do have great ideas for replacements tho... Just wouldn't be the same with car seats I'm afraid...I would know where they came from! LOL

9. Eric78K5

Eric78K5 1/2 ton status

I ordered a sport seat from Corbeau, in the wide version. With brackets to mount directly to my 78, and with the lumbar support built in, the Driver's side seat was $559 w/shipping total. It's supposed to arrive this week, and I can't wait. My stock seat frame is bent, and I can't even face full forward if I sit back in it...makes me look like a brother riding down the road..LOL

10. Canuck

Canuck 1/2 ton status

What's wrong with the stock buckets. I've got a set of grey cloth buckets stock original (recovered the bottoms). I think they are awesome, and comfortable, But I'm used to the thin padding over my racing buckets in my '69 Nova.The only complaint I do have is getting out of the back seat and you always catch or kick the trim on the side of the seat, which is now cracked and broken.

Canuck

Go Wide or Stay @ Home

11. rockosangel

Noone is saying there is anything wrong with the stock setas, just a few of us don't have the luxury of them being in very good shape anymore, so if you can update why not?

12. 79Jimmy

79Jimmy 1/2 ton status

I finally put a pair of '95 honda civic si seats in the Jimmy and man what a difference.....also changed the seat belt strap, buckle and upper anchor point with the honda parts since the seats have the female end built into the seat, no more searching for the stupid seatbelt between the seat and the centre console and they all fit easy. The only hurdle was the mounting pedistal for the seats but even that wasn't too hard. If I ever get my hands on a digital camera I'll post some pics...

79jimmy@sprint.ca

13. 82Jimmy

82Jimmy 1/2 ton status

So someone does have power seats? I love the new sub. leather seats...man heat, tilt and everything...those cost a chunk though. i like em. Anyone have leather seats?

<font color=blue>If its too loud, your too old.</font color=blue>
    <font color=red>Cameron</font color=red> <font color=green>Burnett</font color=green>

14. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

I have 95 celica gt seats and i love em, they were free-ninety-free it dont get any better then that.

89 w/DANA 60-Corp 14 w/5:13s n Detroit's. 4"lift 2" body. NEW AtlassII being installed

15. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

I have some Saturn seats I'm going to put in my Blazer. I've heard a few people did this and they dig them

creepin' and crawlin'

Jim

16. coopertwpk

coopertwpk 1/2 ton status

94 S10 blazer seats grey leather full power and lumbar now those are great seats.

17. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Grim, you are the ultimate bargain shopper. Next time I need anything I'm taking you along. My Flofit set fits into the higher end price wise but I absolutely love them. Here's a picture of them, cost about $800 including all the mounts, etc. Great seats, lumbar pumps, thigh extensions, headrest moves in and out and up and down. And they look great. Not a bargain compared to Grim's $70, but such is life.

<font color=black>'79 K5 - 406 w/IROC TPI -<font color=orange> K5#5 - <font color=blue>http:// www.blazzinor.coloradok5.com

18. Eric

Eric Registered Member

Seats look damn good. Where did you pick them up and what are they from?

One eyed super fly- watch out!
    86 K5 Blazer

19. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Bought the Flofits from Seat Source, their phone is 909-343-9430, based in Riverside, CA. No sales tax to out of state buyers. They are pure aftermarket seats, don't think they were ever offered in any factory vehicles.

<font color=black>'79 K5 - 406 w/IROC TPI -<font color=orange> K5#5 - <font color=blue>http:// www.blazzinor.coloradok5.com

20. MyK-5

MyK-5 Registered Member

Blazzin how much did you pay of those seats? I think there is a place Here in Phoeinx that the will exchange you seats for 60 bucks recover and ever thing

81 Beater