Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

AWESOME TIE ROD!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by spitfire, May 14, 2003.

1. spitfire

spitfire Registered Member

I was cruising the web and stumbled on this.
    Flexible Tie-rod
    It looks like an awesome idea. And at $150 its pretty reasonable...BUT....
    Would it be a better choice over the Rockrod?

I personally like the flexible one, cause its 25 bucks cheaper, but what do I know, I'm a newbie.

Kyle

2. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

One of the local guys bent one of those on a TJ running 35s... I like my 1.75 x .375 DOM tie rod...

3. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> The link isn't working for me, but I agree with Russ, I'll stick with my unbendable tie rod... </font>

4. juanblzer

juanblzer 1/2 ton status

That "technology" is being used quite alot. Most use t-6 aluminum and get rebound that is supposedly unmatched by steel counterparts and of course lighter. I had the stock tie rod but bent it and replaced it with one from www.randyellisdesign.com . I would not go to toysbytroy. I have heard he ripped some people off and I don't want to risk it. I'm happy with my t6 tierod. I've slipped off rocks and landed on the tierod. The thing bent insanely and almost touched the crossmember. When I backed off the rock the tierod went back to its original (almost) shape. I'm happy but I've also heard some guys swear by their steel tierods.