Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Axel Bolts

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Spyderman, Mar 19, 2003.

1. Spyderman

Spyderman Newbie

I have an 85 Chevy K5 Blazer. I was out wheelin' and the whole hub snapped off. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif Well I got lucky and it was just the bolts that hold the hub on. 2 snapped off and 1 bent. It pulled the nuts off the other 3. Well i went to replace them and noody has them. I have to order them from the dealer. The bolts are only 3/8 bolts. I was wondering if anyone has done an upgrade. What I was thinking was drill the holes out and replace the bolts with 1/2 inch. Just to make them stronger. I am running 44's on there with 11" of lift. Does anyone have any ideas on this.
    Thanks
    Spyderman

2. K5MONSTERCHEV

K5MONSTERCHEV 1/2 ton status

Yeah I know a guy who has the same problem on his f350 with 38's. He already made them bigger, and put bolts with nuts on them, they still break, I haven had any problems with mine, and hopefully I wont.