Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

axel perches

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Mud Bath, Nov 15, 2001.

1. Mud Bath

Mud Bath Registered Member

Any body know the distance from center pin to center pin on the rear springs. I got a one ton 14b and had to cut the perches and move them. i got jacks under the springs so it really isn't worthe measuring them seeing that they are probably in a bind. So whose got an exact measurement ? thanks

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Hey Brett,

You probably missed this one earlier...
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Board=blazer4x4&amp;Number=266487&amp;page=2&amp;view=collapsed&amp;sb=5&amp;o=0&amp;part=> 14 bolt perch specs post</a>

Rene

<font color=green>Dyslexics of the world...UNTIE!</font color=green>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/project_T2> tRusty pics...</a>

3. yunit

yunit 1/2 ton status

The way I did my axle was to measure from the backing plate mount for the brakes; the little square part at the end of the axle tube. The measurement I believe from the plate mount to the outter part of the perch was 4 3/8". This is what I did and the centering pins slid right into the perches.

All you have to do now is figure out your pinion angle.

1987 Jimmy Sierra Classic, Palisades Park, NJ 07650