Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

axel ????

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by chops76, Mar 15, 2006.

1. chops76

chops76 Registered Member

i have a 1976 blazer with a fully rebuilt dana 44 front end. the lug patter is 6 bolt. i have another dana 44 front axel that is an 8 lug but needs to be reubilt. is there much difference between the two axels? can i pull the hub/axel assemblies from the 8 lug and install them into 6 lug axel? i know one is 3/4 ton and the other is a 1/2 ton. both have identical gear ratio's 4:10 i really dont want to have to rebuild the 3/4 ton 8 lug axel if i dont but i need the 8 lug front hubs to go with my 14 bolt ff corp. rear. i just wasnt sure in the differences with the axels. do they make a 8 lug converison kit? any help would be great. thanks

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Been covered many times :

Use everything from the spindle out on the 8 lug , and bolt it all to the knuckles of your truck . The outers interchange as the knuckles are the same .

Then put your 6 lug stuff on the other and sell it as a 4.10 half ton :thumb:

3. tarussell

tarussell 1/2 ton status

What he said - man I type slow...... Check out the "tech" section on the home page - good info on what you are looking to do.

Tom