Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Axl Rose is a dink. (Is dink ok to say on here?)

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by NoAngel, Dec 4, 2002.

1. NoAngel

NoAngel 1/2 ton status

They are talking about his show in Boston alot here on the radio. Most people were in their seats waiting for the show to start around 8:30. He decided to grace them with his presence around 11:00 pm. He had to read from the teleprompter to sing every song, which sucked. He kept running back stage every 5 mins (getting oxygen? snorting a line? catching the score of the Mon. night football game?)
    Not at the end of a song either, but he'd sing a line, run off, come back, sing a line etc... He couldn't sing for crap, was fat and bloated, kept people waiting for 3 hours all this for a mere 80 bucks a ticket. Some comeback!

2. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

And to think...one of the songs on Use Your Illusion II is called 'Dead Horse'. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

3. KAS

KAS 1/2 ton status

I had no idea he was still alive! Paying all that cash for nothing kinda sucks but I would like to have seen the show...just to see how bad it really was. I'm surprised folks weren't demanding their money back /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

4. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

I saw them perform on the MTV Video Music Awards...the band sounded great...he just sucked. At least they have already started a riot for cancelling a show... Some things never change.

5. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

Remember the fiasco when GNR skipped out on their tour with Metallica? That guy's a joke...although I do like a couple of their albums. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

6. NoAngel

NoAngel 1/2 ton status

I heard that all of the original Guns band members are putting together a band with Sebastian Bach for their lead singer. Now that might be good!

7. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

They are already in a band. 'Slash's Snakepit'. No Sebastian Bach, though. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I'm offended by "Dink"...

I'm forwarding this to a friend of mine that was supposed to see GnR in Hartford last night, but couldn't make it... Very interesting...

9. willyswanter

willyswanter 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Yeah, I was and still am a fan of there music. But after seeing him on MTV's music awards, that boy could use some time at the gym... He was out of breath after 1/2 way through a song. Now if all the origional members got back together with axle and axle got his act together, I would buy a ticket /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Or better yet, if they all got back together and metallica went on tour with them, I would hit every show /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

That dink was supposed to do a show here in Vancouver. Probably 8000-10,000 people showed and were waiting outside for the doors to open. The promoters were trying to confirm Axel was gonna make the show before opening the doors. At 4:30 pm he still hadn't left LA...and there is some confusion as to when he did actually leave. Finally at 7:30 or 8 o'clock they told the crowd there wouldn't be a show because Axel wasn't going to make it anywhere near earl;y enough and the crowd rioted.

Predictably Axel blamed the promoters for the mess. Personally if I were performing in some city in the evening I'd be there warming up by mid morning of that day at the latest...

Rene

11. NoAngel

NoAngel 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    I'm offended by "Dink"...

[/ QUOTE ]

I was waiting for that! Glad to see someone is on the ball around here! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

12. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

We saw them in Cleveland a couple weeks ago(1 or 2).. I am not a huge fan, but a friend had extra tickets so we went. The show started at 7-7:30 with CKY opening and then Mix Master Mike(from the Beastie Boys) perfroming after CKY. GNR hit the stage around 10-10:30.... Axl didn't sound too bad! I dont think he missed any words and he didn't sound out of breath... But he was going backstage after every song. He changed jerseys once, but not sure what he was doing all the other times.... All in all it was a good show! And our tickets were only $40ea.

13. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

One of the local stations is having a contest, whoever has the biggest a**hole boss is gonna win a trip to San Jose on New Year's to see the biggest a**hole boss on the planet. I think it's wrapped up though. Yesterday, they had an entrant who does porta potty cleanups. He claims his boss ordered him to dispose of a human fetus through the cleaning apparatus that he found in a porta potty.

14. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

HEY My brother in law went last night- said the concert was better than the last ozz fest they went to (last years)..

John was suppose to go, but I had a meeting I couldn't get out of, so Joe took one of his "employees"

Anyway- Joe said it was a kick a** show.

Brandy

15. willyswanter

willyswanter 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Well it's good to hear he's getting back into it. I figured that the MTV thing was his first time back on stage in a while... Sounds like he's getting himself back together though /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

16. TITAN

TITAN 1/2 ton status

AXEL IS A PUNK! I hope he tries to hit a high note and his head explodes! I have been screwed twice by him and it will not happen again. He was a looser, is a looser, and always will be a looser. Something in that half wit head of his gets off kilter everytime that he see a little fame or fortune and he tweeks way the hell out in left field. How can anyone trust him, if you buy tickets to see him either:

a.) He will not show.
    b.) When he does show, it sucks and he won't finish the set.
    c.) He trips out, pisses off pretty much everyone there, and ensues a riot, and then leaves while everyone gets their freaking brains beat out.

Pi$$ on Axel Rose!

17. BigMac

BigMac 1/2 ton status

Dink? You can do better than dink...

Axle is one of those guys that should have just died from his drug use.. Now we have to suffer with his future failures..

I always considerd Axle to be a sorry poser. As a matter of fact, if the girls I used to hang around didn't like Guns &amp; Posers I would have never sat through any of their "music".