Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Axle and Suspension Parts

Discussion in 'Parts & Trucks Wanted' started by Goober, May 13, 2004.

1. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

It's time to start the summer project, making the Suburban a 3/4 ton. /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

I've got an open diff, 14 bolt with 3.73's for the rear sitting next to the shed. When I drained it I found a nice piece of a washer sitting in the bottom:

[​IMG]

I'd like to either come up with a loc-rite or a gov-bomb (I'd even settle for an open diff) to fix it all up. I think the 3.73's will be fine with 35" tires (I spend alot of time over 60 mph /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif) but going to 4.10's would be cool.

I currently have a 6-lug, 10 bolt with 3.08's in the front so I could use a complete 8-lug axle (d44 or 10-bolt, open or locked) with 3.73's. If you have a D60 that you want to give away /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif, I'd be happy to take it off your hands. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

If anyone has conversion parts you want to get rid of I could swap parts myself. I'd need a good set of used gears /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif to put in after swapping hubs.

I'll need some 6" rear springs. 56" long.

I may also need some zero rates.

Sway bar disco's will be necessary.

So, what do you have taking up space in the garage??

/forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

I could get most of this stuff from Off Road Design since they have almost all of the things I'll need. Since I'm on a budget /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif I thought I'd ask around first. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

I don't have much to trade but I do have a complete NP203 w/shifter, 2WD stearing gearbox w/arm, a used rear 12-bolt w/3.08's (under the truck now), 56" stock rear springs ('79 Camper Special), a bunch of Quadrajets in various states of disrepair /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif I think I still have at least one 800cfm body sitting around.

I would prefer something on the west coast since shipping axle stuff gets a little spendy but if we can work out shipping from wherever you are, that would be cool.

/forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

2. angrysnowplow

angrysnowplow 1/2 ton status

I've got a pair of 3.73 10 bolts rusting away in the driveway...interested in the front ring & pinion??

3. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I've got a pair of 3.73 10 bolts rusting away in the driveway...interested in the front ring & pinion??

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

If I get conversion parts for my 10-bolt then I'll need gears.

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

What do you have for a motor? I get 15 mpg out of my truck when it is empty with a 350 V8, 4 bbl, 4 spd(sm465), 3/4 ton axles (4.10 gears) and 285/75R16 tires (approx 33"). I think you would get your best gas mileage with 4.10 or 4.56 gears and 35" tires. Trying to run 3.73 and 35's is going to over work everything getting up to speed and trying to hold your speed everytime there is a head wind or hill.

5. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

There is a 4.10 geared D44 3/4 ton front axle in MN that Ntstarry is selling that I could pickup for you. Then you could just regear the 14FF to 4.10's or better yet sell it and pickup one with 4.10's...