Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

axle angle for lift???

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by chevy4x4boy, Apr 9, 2003.

1. chevy4x4boy

chevy4x4boy Registered Member

hey i'm sorta new to the k-5 thing ever since my dad got rid of all his furds because they just kept on crappin out on him for no reason!! after that all he would buy were chevys, and when my 16th b-day came around, we started cruzin all the dealerships until i found my baby, a '88 k5, stock in every form for now. i'm waiting to do a biuld up on it soon. anyways i have heard that you have to change the axle angle when you install a lift. is this true with only a mild 4 or 6in. lift like i am planning to get? if it needs done, how easy is it to get done. my dad has a garage and i have many tools that i can use. i would be much abliged for help in any way you can. thanx

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif CIVICSLAYER

2. DougK20

DougK20 1/2 ton status

Welcome to the board! Got any pics? You'll certainly want some. Soon you'll look back at it and laugh /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif. We too forget how a stock rig looks. Congrats on the purchase. We can't wait to see the progress. There are many ways to lift a rig. Each will have different axle angle results. A short wheel-base (like yours) will be more prone to this problem. I'm sure many K5 owners will reply to further help you. Good-Luck! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

read man, read a lot, theres lots of info and its ahrd to give you all you need in one post. Agreed take pictures, where in Pa are you?

4. chevy4x4boy

chevy4x4boy Registered Member

ok i'll check the board for some info. i live in hershey, near harrisburg. the pics are coming and i'll keep you guys posted on the build up.

5. 87sm465np208

87sm465np208 1/2 ton status

well, usueually on the lift springs or blocks for the rear they have a shim, or a taper ( for lifting blocks) that will set yur "axle angle" up some and you have to drop your T-case down with the stock spacers. thats about it for the rear.

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif