Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Axle Breathers? *DELETED*

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Tweetysuarus, Oct 14, 2002.

1. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

Post deleted by Tweetysuarus

2. txbluethunder

txbluethunder 1/2 ton status

Re: Axle Breathers?

on my ten bolts i used 3/8" fuel line. same for the t-case.

3. chulisohombre

chulisohombre 1/2 ton status

just find a hose that fits on it and hose clamp it on.make sure it is up high enuf on the frame that water cant get in if the stock one isnt there.

4. Tweetysuarus

Well duh! I don't feel like going into the local parts house and asking for all kinds of sizes to see which fits! Some intelligent answers please!
    /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gifBill /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

5. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

3/8 is what i used on mine. if they are a bit snug, just lube the tube with some dishsoap.

6. Tweetysuarus

3/8" seems to be the consensus around here /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif, so 3/8" it is then its off to Prarrie City to test my rig in the mud pit! WooHoo! /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

7. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

You ought to try using the clear tubing hose. Having it clear will show you if the oil is ever coming out after some steep climbing or off camber crawling. Its good for letting you know if the tubing is clean inside which indicates clean oil. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

8. chulisohombre

chulisohombre 1/2 ton status

no need for insult here.if you didnt want any answers then dont post.inteligence,just measure the outside diameter of the fitting the hose will go on and go to the parts store and ask for that size hose.they usually sell them by the foot,so you will need to know what length you will need.you will also have to measure this depending on what size lift you have and where it attaches to the frame.

9. Tweetysuarus

Thanx Wes
    Bill

10. Tweetysuarus

Well Duh again the one thing I don't have here at home is tape measure, calipers and such..........so therefore I have to rely on this site to help when I'm in need. If I had thes here instead of over at friends house then I wouldn't be on here asking such a stupid question! Now would I! DUH!
    Bill /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

11. 87sm465np208

87sm465np208 1/2 ton status

i broke my rear breather tube off, i replaced it with a hose clamp and some garden hose, it still workin. and i put the mushroom breather thingy in the garden hose and hose clamped that and then put it in the stock location, i fixed it. dont diss it.

12. Tweetysuarus

I won't dignify that with a retort! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gifBill

13. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Rather than dishsoap, I'd recommend lubing the nipple on the axle with RTV or silicone, so when you slide the tube on you ensure a good tight seal. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif </font color>

14. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    I won't dignify that with a retort!

[/ QUOTE ]
    Ya know Bill, I got a little testie in here once.. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif It took a while before the smoke cleared and I finally started to get answers again. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif Just a thought...

15. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

*note to self* Get 3/8" fuel line to change my lines .. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

16. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Yeah, really...speaking of ----&gt; /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif&lt;-----......

Why don't you chill a little, Tweety. Being a dink and lipping people off doesn't impress anyone here. It's also a REALLY good way to ensure that your next question gets ignored.

One other thing- go buy a tape measure. They come in handy sometimes...... /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

17. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Now, now children!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

18. beater74

beater74 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    i broke my rear breather tube off, i replaced it with a hose clamp and some garden hose, it still workin. and i put the mushroom breather thingy in the garden hose and hose clamped that and then put it in the stock location, i fixed it. dont diss it.

[/ QUOTE ]

yet another quality repair maid by our favorite rocket scientist /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

19. 87sm465np208

87sm465np208 1/2 ton status

to tell you the truth i dont know what i wanted to take off my line, it was a bad idea, i geuss thats why it broke off /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

20. Tweetysuarus

Hey throw a rock my way with note attached : GET 3/8" HOSE! LOL! I have too many irons in the fire now! LOL!
    Thanx,
    Bill