Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Axle center pins

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by AgDieseler, Feb 12, 2001.

1. AgDieseler

AgDieseler Certified Scrap Producer Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I want to move 'em forward. I've heard, and seen, my tires hit the rear of the fender way before they even think of making contact with the front. I'm all too aware of the options concerning custom springs with centerpins moved forward, but $650 for a pair of front Nationals is around $640 out of my financial grasp. Is it possible and/or smart to fab up a new spring perch or add-a-leaf with modified from stock center pin positioning? I'm looking for about 1" forward on 5" lift with 35" tires, so nothing too extreme. Bear in mind that I'm a college student, and therefore chronically poor.

David

'85 diesel 'burban...with goodies

2. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

Your idea's not far off, I ran a set of blocks/leaves just like you describe without any difficulty. It does move the steering a little closer together, but my draglink was easy to screw in to fit, and the steering already sucked, so it didn't make a big difference. It drove ok on the road, but off road the factory steering never worked very well, no matter where I put the axle. Let me see if we can run some blocks through the mill to do what you want.
    Thanks

Making the world better, one truck at a time.
    [​IMG]
    SW-ORD