Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

axle combos and swaping?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by JohnnyFresno, Jun 30, 2002.

1. JohnnyFresno

JohnnyFresno 1/2 ton status

Mar 24, 2002
    It will be a while before I change my axles, but I was wondering what the best combo would be for my setup. I enjoy running in sand/mud but want to do more rockage type stuff and maybe some grocery getting /forums/images/icons/smile.gif j/k

Anyway I plan on running 38's max with 6 to 8 suspension lift. I already have a 2" body kit. What should I run and how hard is a swap?

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

Nov 6, 2000
    anything over 36in tires go with a 14ff and a dana 60 i broke a 12bolt with 33's in the sand put 8 holes through the diff cover lol if you get a 14ff out of a 3/4ton truck then it will bolt right in same with a chevy dana 60 although a dodge dana 60 (you can get the dodge cheeper than the chevy dana 60 most of the time) will bolt in you do need to do a few mods to make it work but is very easy to do i have a dodge dana 60 in my blazer /forums/images/icons/grin.gif