Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Axle Help

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by cinchjeancowboy, Jan 7, 2004.

1. cinchjeancowboy

cinchjeancowboy Registered Member

I have 10 bolts on my Burban and have a 14 bolt FF in the barn for the rear of it. My Question is their a kit that will turn the 10 bolt 6 lug in to a 8 lug so I can run the same rims front and rear and not have to get a whole new front axle? I think the Rear I have to run 16.5"s Rim

/forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

No, there is no SAID kit you can buy to my knowledge, just go to a yard (or post up in the wanted section) for 8 lug outers to convert 6 lug to 8 lug. Basically you need everything from the knuckles out /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

OK, here we go... What is your current gear ratio? Gear ratio in the 14BFF? If they are the same then I am not to sure where to get 8 lug parts new but I bet you could get them at the wrecking yard. If the gear ratios differ then you are time and money ahead to just sell your current 6 lugger and go buy a 3/4ton 8 lug front with matching gears.

Read the "14BFF in my 87'" post in the garage, it's the same question.

4. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

I am assuming that they do, but make sure the gears match....

5. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

Here is the CK5 tech article on the 6 to 8-lug swap.....it lists all of the parts you need and the steps to do it. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

15's clear the rear fine. It is the front that you need to clearence (read grinding)

7. Hardcore

Hardcore 1/2 ton status

Hey CinchJeanCowboy, it's Corey from PS.com. Check with Maddram and the Beast, they can probably get you what you need. Maddram pulled a couple sets for some of the other guys.

Corey /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

Corey:

Hows your project coming along? Also about what is the going price you've seen for the 8-lug outters, about $200 seems to be normal...

9. Hardcore

Hardcore 1/2 ton status

That isn't bad. Kind of depends what the junkyard charged. I've seen some as cheap as $125.

Projects coming slowly. Got my axles apart and am in the process of rebilding them. Got my ORD shackle flip. Need to get some springs and steering stuff.
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

As others have said, there is no kit you can buy. You can go to the junkyard, or if you are lazy, post it in the want section on this forum. Thats what I did, and had replies within a day or two. I paid $200 for my conversion parts from a member on here, I dont remember who it was, but I think he said he gets them regularly.
    -Harrison

11. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

normally i would just keep it to myself to have inc ase, but Ive a 8lug 10bolt wiht 4.10s i might be selling in the next few weeks. letme know.