Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Axle issues

Discussion in '1936-Present Suburban' started by FLASHLIGHT76, May 29, 2003.

1. FLASHLIGHT76

FLASHLIGHT76 1/2 ton status

Ok I got a small problem and I can't seem to figure it out. I just put my old 10 bolt back in with new ball joints and the outers from the backing plates out are off of a 78 D44 fat hub. Now my problem is when I lock the front hubs and drive the truck wobbles back and forth. It feels like one tire is trying to drive one way while the other goes the other way. Now I took it in for an alienment and its right on the money. With my hubs unlocked it drives fine. Even with just one unlocked it drives fine. I'm just about at my whits end! any Ideas?????? Help!!!!!! I'm not too desperate sounding am I? By the way Hi guys it's been a while. I'm still here causing the ocasional amount of mischif. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

2. dleroy43

dleroy43 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Try to drive in 4wheel with hubs unlocked, or dis connect the front driveshaft and lock the hubs to see if it axle or posibly driveshaft related. Hope fully this can help you /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif