Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

axle need's cut down

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by rebelrockin, Jan 27, 2003.

1. rebelrockin

rebelrockin 1/2 ton status

axle need\'s cut down

Have a Dana 60 rear that I need to get cut down to fit the Cherokee. Whom we were told to get it too is a bit out of our way. Where does a person go in the Portland area? /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

Re: axle need\'s cut down

Dang good question......

3. rebelrockin

Eugen is just to far for getting the job done. Need to get rockin and Rollin. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

4. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

How wide of an axle do you need? The late 60's early 70's Ford 3/4 tons used a 63.5" WMS to WMS Dana 60 with 40.5" spring pads (just sold the only one I had to a guy putting it in a Jeep). Only problem was the 17 spline axle shafts but that can be fixed with new side gears and axle shafts.

5. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Give J&H a call - they're at about 70th and Powell in Portland............sorry, don't have the number.

6. rebelrockin

Thanks I appreciate the info, we will try there also, I will try Leonards off road I just recieved something with a driveline asking where to go so I thought I would look at them they seem to do what we need, going to go for the best price. By the time I am done here they will all think I am a freak. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

7. rebelrockin

Thanks, we just called and spoke with Harold and I believe Lance was the other person. What a great help they were and they will be doing the work for us. Meet with them tomorrow. Really appreciate your help I was almost to the point of giving up. Put it this way people can be cruel. Told we were full of [censored] on where we were going and what we are headed to do in April. We just need this thing built to do what we were invited to join in on that is all didn't need the treatment we got. Your out fit J& H will be a pleasure to work with. Thank You /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

8. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

j&h has done great work for me as well ill give them /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif up /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

9. rebelrockin

This jeep project is new, not even close to the Blazer. It was just nice to speak with those guy's and they say wait a minute here you don't need to do this or this, that the other outfit was just wanting to get more money out of us, they can take it the other place that will do some of the work, and then they will finish the job there and put it all together on the rig. they put smile's on our faces once again. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

HEY i hope its not too late, I would recomend a guy in boring who does gears for me, he also did cassidy's gears. Darrel. Some people get a good expirience with J@H and others have told me they will never give their money to them again, and as for Leonard, he does good work, BUT he will charge you dearly for it, If you still want to look around for someone to do the work, Ill give you darrels number, hes a good guy and stands by his work, Which J&H sometimes does not,

11. rebelrockin

Go ahead and send me his #. We meet with J&H tomorrow morning, I will be asking if they back up and guarentee there work. I have no problem leaving any place if I don't like what I hear. I don't need any weak point's or problems when I am clean over in AZ. I am looking at having a extra front end and rear with us in our trailer. So we will have work for them. Is this a shop or someone who does this work on the side. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif