Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

axle noise

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by pjsblazer, Apr 24, 2004.

1. pjsblazer

pjsblazer Newbie

I,ve got kinda of a womp-womp-womp sound at 65 and faster,78 K5 12bolt rear,203 case, already replaced frt& rear drivshfts,new mts frt&rear,changing tires didn't make a difference. someone told me,might be a pinion bearing.any ideas?

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Could be , it won't hurt to check it. Grab the yoke and see if there is any play, mine was loose once after I sourced my 12 bolt, had to tighten it up only. Now of course just replacing shafts etc like you mentioned won't make any difference if the angles are wrong. Does this have any lift? /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

3. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

A womp womp womp sounds to me like a tire problem, especially at higher speeds.

4. pjsblazer

pjsblazer Newbie

Thanks, I'll check the yoke this morning. trucks not lifted,yet. I've swapped tires a couble of times. even putting on P235/75-15 street tires,didn't change.I know the noise is kinda hard to explain in print. this as been driving me crazy for about a year, now the t-case shifter is buzzing at the same time the noise kicks in.