Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Axle Pick-up Sunday?

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by firefighter184, May 4, 2006.

1. firefighter184

firefighter184 1/2 ton status

Anybody wanna run to the Springs Sunday with me to pick up my 14bolt? Might need a hand loading it, and somebody who can help me double check the gear ratio... I'm planning on leaving my campout at Estes Park around 8:00am, dropping the Blazer and camper off at my house and I'm supposed to be in the Springs at 2:00, so I figure I'll leave my house around 12:00...

2. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

John, your going to need more than 2 people to pick up a 14, unless it's stripped of drum brakes. I'd say more like 4 people.

3. cwn anwyn

cwn anwyn 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I can give you a hand loading it up down here in the springs, but might not be able to go up to unload. What time and location?

Z

4. firefighter184

Turns out the guy has a forklift, so the Springs side should be OK. INTERCEPTOR is going down with me to make sure the gears are right, and when I get it back to Denver, I'll be taking it to Evergreen Monday where I have a friend with a 220 welder. Just gotta order the spring perches and shock tabs from DIY and I'll be ready to go baby.

5. B_to_C

B_to_C 1/2 ton status Author

Don't forget to have the hubs machined down to 4.50" so that your 6 lug wheels can fit over them ;) (cost me $50 total when I did mine)

6. firefighter184

Where did you have it done?

7. B_to_C

B_to_C 1/2 ton status Author

Don't know, it's a long story, but essentially I HAD to have someone do the axle swap for me, and on the invoice they had "Hub machining: $50" I'de say just find a machine shop close to you and be friendly :D