Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

axle pricing?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by RIPPEDK5, Jan 1, 2007.

1. RIPPEDK5

RIPPEDK5 Guest

So my buddy comes across a guy thats got a yard full of chevy parts forsale (1-ton frame, axles, fully-redone body panels and cabs etc.)

well he's got a pair of axles (DANA 60 and 14BFF-BOTH 4.56 GEARS) out of a dually.. The price is $700 for the pair (with him buying new hubs and rotors to convert it back from the bud wheel style front end) besides the conversion the front DANA 60 needs a u-joint... is this worth the money? or not? presently I have a 10-bolt front and already have a 14BFF rear...( I really dont need the rear end)

appreciate the advice..

2. 1977k5

1977k5 3/4 ton status Vendor

Good deal :thumb:

3. big dan

big dan 1/2 ton status Premium Member

dang good deal. from what Ive seen 60s alone will bring over 1k for one in need of a complete rebuild.

4. RIPPEDK5

RIPPEDK5 Guest

ill have to talk to my buddy on this... How payment will work out...i want the front but moneys an issue..I just hate to have good deal slip through my fingers... There is also another salvage yard here that has one for $400 but not sure its condition...