Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Axle rebuilding

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by K5Psycho, Jan 22, 2003.

1. K5Psycho

K5Psycho Registered Member

ok i am going to be rebuilding my 10bolt )3.73 gears) rear axle soon, i would like to know if anyone out there knows any tips and also some place to get good/affordable parts for this project any input will be helpful thanks...

2. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

Here's the bext piece of advise anyone will ever give you about rebuilding your 10 bolt rear axle - don't do it.
    Not worth the time or money.
    -- Mike

3. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

I think the cheapest place that I have found is Drivetrain Direct. Everything is fairly easy like seals and bearings but if you are planning on doing a gear swap I would say to shop around for a professional. I thought about it and tried to set the gears in my 14FF but lost patients soon and took it to ITP.

4. wheelin_willy

wheelin_willy Registered Member

dtrivetrain direct is cheapest
    randys ring and pinion are the best
    its not too hard too don gears if you have the right tools
    you need;dial indicator on a magnetic stand
    pinion depth tool
    micrometer
    patience
    if you have these tools let me now if you dont plan on doing any other rear ends then take it somewhere but if you are its well worth the investment in tools /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif