Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Axle Swap, 92' Sub Front into 89' Sub

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by AZ_Overdrive, Dec 18, 2002.

1. AZ_Overdrive

AZ_Overdrive 1/2 ton status

Axle Swap, 92\' Sub Front into 89\' Sub

Does anyone know if a front 3/4T axle from a 92' Burb will bolt into an 89?

I have an 89' 1/2T Burb that I have already swapped out the 10 bold rear for a 14 bolt FF, and now I am ready to ditch the 10 bold front. A salvage yard here in AZ has the above mentioned 92' 3/4T front end and they say it will bolt right into my 89'.

Just wanted to see if anyone has attempted or herd of those years being swapped since 92 was the first year of the newer style of Burbs.

Thanks for any assistance.

2. u2slow

u2slow 1/2 ton status

Re: Axle Swap, 92\' Sub Front into 89\' Sub

I'm gonna press the B.S. button on that one. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

A '92 4x4 Burb is IFS. The guy you're dealing with isn't aware your truck is solid-axle. '91 was the last year for a solid-axle Burb, Blazer, Jimmy, and crewcab.

3. AZ_Overdrive

AZ_Overdrive 1/2 ton status

Re: Axle Swap, 92\' Sub Front into 89\' Sub

That's what I thought! Just called them back. They thought I was talking about an 89 truck... They are checking on another axle... LOL! I wasn't sure if the 3/4 T burbs had a solid axle or not in 92'

Thanks for the sanity check!